National Gun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a chilly, but manageable, 24° and sunny today, decided I would hit the range before the snowfall tomorrow. I brought the Glock 43x, my EDC, and my Colt Highway Patrol .38 special. I used different targets than usual, they're the same size, but with a smaller bullseye and tighter scoring circles.

First up is the Glock. If you've seen my previous range reports with this gun, there is a noticable improvement in my shot placement and small improvement in grouping.
20191130_173412.jpg

Next is the Colt. My grouping was a fair bit tighter with this one, but I was pulling to the right with it. I suspect this has to do with my grip more than anything else. I have a tendency to pull the trigger with the crease of my finger with this gun, but I think I would have better placement if I used the pad of my finger.
20191130_173915.jpg

Next time I'm going to try to get the Model 28 out, have some leftover pumpkins, putting a few rounds of .357 into them ought to be some good fun.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If practice keeps going well with the 43x then I might consider entering an amateur shooting competition with it this spring or summer. The Vermont Practical Shooting Association holds several of them from April through November. Like a 3-gun competition, but with only pistols. They've got separate 'classes' for single stacks and carry pistols.

·
Live Free
3,500 Posts
That sounds like fun! There is a club nearby here where they do three gun once a month; I am considering joining before spring so I can join in the fun.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These competitions are open to the public, there's just entry fees that club members get a discount on. If I remember correctly, the fee is $30 for non-members, $20 for members.

Reactions: AgedWarrior
1 - 5 of 5 Posts