National Gun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the NRA newsletter in which im sure alot of you get.... here is the excpert

Wilmette Latest Illinois City To Scrap Gun Ban In Wake Of Heller Decision

The town of Wilmette, Illinois had a handgun ban on their books for almost 20 years. You may remember the town for its outrageous prosecution of Hale DeMar--the man in Wilmette who was forced to use a handgun to defend himself and his family against a convicted criminal who had broken into his home for the second time in as many nights.

Well, in the wake of last month's historic Supreme Court decision protecting an individual right to possess firearms, village trustees in the northern Chicago suburb recently voted unanimously to repeal the egregious ban and strike it from the books.

:incazzato:

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
They don't have the big fat legal budget and a gaggle of on staff attorneys to keep the battle going for many years like DC, Chicago, San Fran, NYC and many others.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
'...all in all..just another brick from the wall".

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
They don't have the big fat legal budget and on staff attorneys to keep the battle going for many years like DC, Chicago, San Fran, NYC and many others.

Plus the trustees understand that even in Willmette there are people who respect the 2A. In Chicago's case, the Mayor's wife is the silent push behind the activities of this man in many instances...... is this one?

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I agree about the budget. But as a true curmudgeon and cynic I say if they were as pig-headed, racists, elitist and totalitarian as DC, they would have found the money. Believe me, and I am speaking as a public employee in upper management, if they really wanted to fight it, they would have found a way. They could have modeled their rules after DC's piece of excrement. In gubbermint, there is never money if they don't want to do something, but when it is something they really want, the money magically appears. These city politicians were looking at votes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts