National Gun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Police say a man tracked down his stolen car using GPS
and then shot the suspected thief after the man pointed a gun at him.

The vehicle was stolen in Tacoma and the owner was able to track it to Federal Way, KOMO-TV reported Saturday.

The 42-year-old owner told police when he confronted the suspect, the man pointed a handgun at him so he shot him.

The 29-year-old suspect was hospitalized. The owner of the stolen car was interviewed by police and released.
Man tracks stolen car with GPS, shoots alleged thief

·
Super Moderator
14,496 Posts
Since police are policing, I suppose tracking down your own car is what you have to do. Dangerous, though.

--Wag--

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Yeah, "policing", yeah, I'm going to make up some excuses, and sound sanctimonious, then I'll be heading to Drunken Donuts, too.

Then I think I'll spend 7 hours out on the highway, writing LACs speeding tickets, which will spike their already insanely high insurance premiums. After all, I have to do something with all those free radar guns the Insurance companies sent me...

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Apparently they have a facebook page
PNW Stolen Cars TACOMA - SEATTLE - PORTLAND | Facebook

Citizens attempting to address police failure.
“I think people appreciate that someone is actually doing something to look, see and try to find their stolen property,” said Tony. “Unfortunately, its going to take us citizens to do the work that the cops can’t.”

Jessica and Robert Orth are grateful to Tony for locating their car, but are disappointed authorities have been unable to help them get it back. All three want to know why the city of Seattle hasn’t cracked down on what looks like a massive operation in the Duwamish Valley.

SEATTLE - A statewide rash of auto thefts is turning some victims into vigilantes.
Many people told KOMO News they are frustrated with the police response and are banding together to search for their stolen cars on their own.

Must be a bigger issue.
I still believe horse/cattle thief laws are applicable.
Caught and hung would be a great deterrent.

Reactions: Wag

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
Having a few ‘throw-down guns’ is something i never thought about before… but could come in handy… if I’m going to chase bad guys at my age (should they ever steal my car, should they then threaten to kill me, should I happen to need to stop their threat of deadly harm with deadly force)

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
84-year-old woman canvassing in Lake Odessa, Mich., for a pro-life group was shot in the shoulder

A volunteer for Right to Life of Michigan was shot while canvassing homes in her Lake Odessa community on Tuesday afternoon, the organization claims. Michigan State Police are investigating the shooting.

The victim, an 83-year-old woman, was reportedly going door to door passing out pamphlets and talking about Prop 3, which will be on the Nov. 8 ballot, and seeks to enshrine abortion rights in the state constitution.

She was shot in the shoulder, treated and released from the hospital and is still recovering from her injuries, according to MSP and Right to Life of Michigan.

Right to Life of Michigan claims the victim was shot following a heated conversation at a residence in her neighborhood. The man who shot her was not involved in the conversation and the victim does not know his identity or motive, the organization said.

The victim drove herself to the Lake Odessa Police Department and was taken to a local hospital after reporting the incident, according to state police. She has since been released from the hospital.

Right to Life of Michigan is an anti-abortion nonprofit organization that has been campaigning against Prop 3.

According to the news statement, the woman was shot in the back-shoulder region as she was leaving a house after a contentious argument.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts