National Gun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
4,412 Posts
You really like that gunshop I see. They must really like you too. You should scour the local gun classifieds and see if you can cut out the middle man. Not trying to hurt your local gunshop just trying to help you.

I peruse:

Georgia only

https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/classifieds/

But they seem to be really proud of their stuff. There's some deals on there but you need to jump on them. I like to browse my favorite semi-local (40 miles away) gunshop (Cherokee Gun and Pawn) they have some decent deals sometimes. I'm always on the lookout for big bores. The ones that look like they got shot and the owner decided it really isn't for them.

· Registered
8,214 Posts
I use Gunbroker and Auction Arms as "Buy Price" indicators. I use Guns International for sale pricing. The big national retailers are on GI.

I agree you are asking the wrong crowd to talk you out of buying a nice looking shooter. I only have 25-30 .22 rimfires myself. :crazy: This recent move was a real eye opener for me. With at least that many shotguns, and more than that many center fire rifles. Not bragging or complaining just stating facts.

· RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,534 Posts
Even I would buy it at $115 :lol:

· Aim true !
14,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I use gun broker too for price checking. For local i look here. Firearms
I did buy one of my Mossberg 715's there. I now check armslist too. Yes Gators likes me too. But he treats me well. Always knocks something off the price or throws in a box of ammo. He knows i like leather slings. He gives me one now and then too. I send him a lot of referrals and he appreciates it.

· Aim true !
14,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok it's a keeper. At 1st i thought it was not. 1st shot hit low right 4 inches from center. 2nd shot straight across right about 2 inches. 3rd shot 3 inches low right. Then after that it started grouping center about an inch low. I adjusted the scope and got it right on. Guess i needed a warm up. Then i had some fun shooting at cans and bottles and empty shotgun shells. :cornut:

· RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,534 Posts
Congrats, another one in the family :thumbsup:

Reactions: Coalcracker
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.