National Gun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just gonna see what you fellas could tell me about this old shot gun that my grandpa left me. Ive done some research and could not find a whole lot about this gun at all. Its a single barrel breakdown 12g with Volunteer Gun Co. on the side. and has mabey a serial # on the bottom of the trigger gaurd that is A M 3 2 3. But over all the gun is in decent condition with minor scuffs on the stock, and minor surface rust on the metal, that could easily be cleaned up id say. But i would appreciate all the information you could tell about this gun, thanks

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Volunteer Arms Co. - Belknap Hdwe. & Mfg. Co., Louisville, KY. The Vounteer name may have stared life in 1909, but it was only made under the Vounteer name untill the early 1940's.

Volunteer Arms company is the trade name for J. Stevens Arms company. J. Stevens arms co. was bought out in 1920 by Savage.

Those old guns were not required to be all marked up like we see today. Look under the forearm grip by the lug. Also, look inside the forearm grip. SOme older makers put it there.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
troll alert!

Troll alert!

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I just deleted what the spammer had in this thread but I can't find him listed.

Nothing like a drive by trolling!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts