National Gun Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife & I retired in Southeastern Florida about 25 years ago and wished we could have done it sooner. Although I had a NYS Pistol Permit since 1958 I was never excited about the local gun laws. Almost as soon as I retired from the US Army, after 32+ years, we began looking for a retirement home. I liked the Carolinas, my wife liked where her parents lived - enough said.
I've pretty well given up shooting but my collecting interests have expanded. Initially my goal was US Military Small Arms but after the Garands, US Carbines, Springfields, American Enfileds, and Krags I acquired a few trapdoors and a couple smooth-bores but those didn't interest me. One of the early military handguns I acquired was a German proofed Browning P1935 9mm Pistols that I used to enjoy shooting with the double stacked magazines. Today I have a dozen of them & looking for more. Of course M1911's, an other of John Browning's inventions, has also attracted my interest. Unfortunately my interests are still broader - so I keep looking.
I have been a member of the Colt Forum for more than a year and that has excited my interest in still others. I can only imagine what membership in the National Forum will lead to. Thanks for welcoming me.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
21,585 Posts
Welcome from NC!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts