National Gun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is Schenk, and I found out about this forum by just simply looking up "gun forums". A bit of background in high school I was in an engineering program at my vocational school where I was a part of our battle bot team where we took state champion with our bot "Crusader". At this time I also took third in my state for technical drafting through SkillsUSA. I spent my first year at college in mechanical engineering before I got bored and wanted to make what I designed and switched to machining which I feel is the better path for what I want to do with my life and that end goal is what brought me here.

I wish to own a company where I reproduce rarer guns that are scarce or expensive solely for their originality. My goal isn't to reduce the price or rarity of originals, but make it possible for people to own a unique piece of firearm design. Prototypes and lesser produced weapons from the world wars are coming more to light due to the internet with Forgotten Weapons and Video games such as Battlefield and Call of Duty, where I learned about the weapon at the top of my list, the Sjogren Inertial. I know I'm going to have people push against the idea and even condemn it, and others with said rare guns probably aren't going to be too open to some stranger spending a good bit of time with their expensive gun taking it apart and measuring it, but I thought this would be one of the best ways to make connections.

I want to start small for now, and so I'd like to say that I am looking for a Sjogren Inertial, a shotgun brought to recent popularity by Battlefield 1. If you have one and are willing to let me spend some time with it, or perhaps sell it, I am absolutely grateful for the opportunity and my inbox is open (I believe). Thank you for reading.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
56,281 Posts
Greetings and Salutations

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
25,855 Posts
Welcome from NC!

·
Aim true !
12,290 Posts

·
Jesus Saves
8,190 Posts
If you have one and are willing to let me spend some time with it, or perhaps sell it, I am absolutely grateful for the opportunity and my inbox is open (I believe). Thank you for reading.
Welcome to the forum.

I might say you have a very interesting request for a first post. I am very curious to see where this goes, not only for the obvious, but the fact that you are willing to buy it. They are quite expensive....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi peoples smith or forge if that's what volksschmeide means and welcome to the forum from Arizona.
Yes, people's forge is what I was going for, but smith works as well. Still learning German, so I'm just glad I spelled it right.

Welcome to the forum.

I might say you have a very interesting request for a first post. I am very curious to see where this goes, not only for the obvious, but the fact that you are willing to buy it. They are quite expensive....
In most cases, yes, especially now that they're more well known. I saw quite a few years ago on Rock Island that sold with another shotgun for around $700? It's been about a year since I saw it so I'm going off memory. Right now I'm back at college, but my job pays pretty decently. For the most part, price isn't too much of an issue.

As for the other replies, I appreciate the welcome! :)

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Welcome,
Interesting business you are trying.
I do believe most people in the market for rare collectible militaria want the real deal.
I think you will need to purchase all your guns as not too many folks I know will want their guns completely torn apart to recreate.
But hey, I wish you well. Many ideas people poo poo turn out to be real money makers.
I would never try to discourage a young man to follow his passions

·
Registered
318 Posts
Howdy from KY.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.