National Gun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not often commented on, the Colt Defender .45 auto is probably one of the more suitable compact semiautos for concealed carry! it's thinner and over all smaller than the Glock 29, and not much heavier, but comes with the surety of a thumb safety and crisp trigger combined with oversized, Novak style sights.
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

At 24 ounces empty the Colt Defender is well-centered in the mix for concealed carry considering it holds a solid 8 rounds. The little gun is considerably smaller than my G29, narrower, with a superior trigger and overall ergonomics.
Trigger Air gun Grey Gun barrel Gun accessory

Below is a pic before the gun was fitted with a Remington short trigger, illustrated with custom Lehigh Defense 120 grain "Defender" bullets loaded to 1,500+ fps.
Bullet Gun barrel Gun accessory Trigger Tool

·
Live Free
4,425 Posts
120 gr seems kinda light for a .45.

--Wag--
1500 fps is pretty fast for a .45 too. I might have to check out those Lehigh bullets someday. Might be just the ticket for my Springfield RO Compact. Just took a quick look at Midway; smallest Lehigh Defense .45 I found there was 135 grain…that’s pretty small too! There is a 120 grain .357 bullet and a 220 grain .452 bullet. Possibly he meant 220.

·
Live Free
4,425 Posts
1500 fps is pretty fast for a .45 too. I might have to check out those Lehigh bullets someday. Might be just the ticket for my Springfield RO Compact. Just took a quick look at Midway; smallest Lehigh Defense .45 I found there was 135 grain…that’s pretty small too! There is a 120 grain .357 bullet and a 220 grain .452 bullet. Possibly he meant 220.
But then I looked a little more and found load data for the 120 grain .451 bullets! Maybe they quit making them?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts