National Gun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a very nice automag II today at a show. 6" barrel with 2 mags, box, all papers and the sight tool still in the plastic. I see them on GB for $500.00 but dont see them sell, I paid $310? It has a couple SMALL scratches on the slide aside from that is excellent. Did I get hosed?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
That's a bit lower (50 to 100 bucks) than what I see them selling for at gun shows here in Eastern PA, so I think you got a good price on your piece. That model is notorious for being either trouble free or plagued with feeding/jamming problems. I know several people who have or still do own one of them and have been tempted to buy one myself, for years. If you got a "good" one, what you paid is great, if you got a "stinker" then you'll need to either get it repaired or try as many different types of ammo as you can find to get a reliable feeding brand. Let us know how your's works after you wring it out at the range. Good luck!

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,705 Posts
That is less than you would pay for a similar AutoMag here in California.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I sold an AutoMag II .22 mag with short bbl on AA for $500 last Dec, lots of bidding on it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My son and I put 150 rounds through it today. We were not concerned with accuracy and were shooting at dirt clods. Our goal was to check the guns reliability. The first 3 mags the slide held open on almost each round, and we encountered 3 failure to feeds [the bullet got shaved on the side]. After that the gun settled down and worked great. I would appreciate any thoughts on this, the only difference I can think of between the first 3 mags and the rest that we shot would be a lack of oil that the previous owner left on the gun, and powder residue. Every gun I have owned preferred clean to dirty, so I don't think that plays a part??? We also encountered 3 failure to fires, after recocking and dropping the hammer again the rounds fired on the 2nd try. But I am happy with the gun, after the first 3 mags I shot a couple more but mainly watched my son fire it, he had a ball, it is a fun little gun to shoot. Any thoughts on what was going on with the thing would be much appreciated... I suspect after a cleaning, that the next firing will give the same results.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts