National Gun Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I bought two boxes of 100 9 mm for $19 each today at WalMart. Winchester White Box. Its pretty good range ammo.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Well I did go across the street to Sportsman's Warehouse and buy two more boxes of 50 at about $12.50 each.

I get your point and I usually shop at my local gun shop to make sure they have the business. I always buy my firearms from the gun shop also.

I think I only bought one rifle at a box store back in the 1980's. They had a Winchester 30-30 on sale for $200 so I grabbed one.

G

·
As a dealer I have seen ammo prices rise at a very fast rate..... I can almost go to Wal-Mart and buy ammo at the price I am paying for it....
Same here. It seems our store is raising ammo prices more and more frequently.

--------

Yeah Sig, Winchester WB is some of my favorite target ammo. Hard to beat for the price.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
56,965 Posts
River City Gun Exchange
Sacramento, CA

9mm - $7.99 per 50
.40 S&W - $12.99 per 50
.45 ACP - $13.00 per 50

Two years ago we purchased a car load of each caliber. (freight car)

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
River City Gun Exchange
Sacramento, CA

9mm - $7.99 per 50
.40 S&W - $12.99 per 50
.45 ACP - $13.00 per 50

Two years ago we purchased a car load of each caliber. (freight car)
You would be sold out in your first month around here at them prices. I am just squeezing $5.00 a box of 50 for .45ACP using lswc's. My reloading supplies have gone up 25% since the first of the year. :yikes1: The only reason I have been able to keep it that cheap is I haven't had to buy any brass. You could add another $2.00 per box if I had to buy it.:13:

G

·
I have to confess that I do buy my range ammo mostly for Wal-Mart. The Win white box is at a great price & I am not blessed with a surplus of disposable income. I do however buy my HP ammo from my local Cabela's, they have pretty good prices & a huge selection. I only buy my firearms from my local stores (Mike's Guns & Mid America Guns). I would rather pay a little more for my guns & buy from my local shop. Unfortunitely, the ammo prices are just too high for me at the local stores.

-Matt

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Do you realize how many cases of handgun ammunition will fit into a freight car?
That would be enough to last all of the members of this forum a long, long time.

·
Red State Rising
2,215 Posts
My local gun range sells nice and accurate 180 gr FMJ .40 S&W reloads for 11 bucks a box. I can't beat it anywhere.

·
Red State Rising
2,215 Posts
He has a license to sell them and lots of insurance... And I've known the guy for quite some time and been shooting his reloads for a few years now. They don't worry me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.