National Gun Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, good to be here. I'm looking for ammo for the Remington 770 Comptact, .30-06 Springfield

I know ammo for this gun isn't that cheap, but some online sites have listings for under $1/per cartridge, which I understand is extremely cheap for this type

I don't however, want anything that could damage my new rifle. I understand that you have to clean your rifle more often with cheaper ammo but sometimes the consequences can be worse

So I was wondering if you guys had any good recommendations for a good brand thats good quality but doesn't cost too much, and any retailers where I can get them at a good price. Any help appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Welcome to the forum. What are you using the rifle for? Any name brand ammo in .30-06 caliber will work, and will not damage your gun. Such as Remington, Winchester, Federal, Hornady, etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just for taking it to the range, altho I'd love to leave the door open for hunting in the future, even tho I know nothing about it. But never too late to learn :)

·
Proud Aussie Hunter!
87 Posts
Just for taking it to the range, altho I'd love to leave the door open for hunting in the future, even tho I know nothing about it. But never too late to learn :)
Have you looked into handloading?

·
Registered
9,127 Posts
Being new to guns like you are, Just buy the cheapest you can find. Get you gun sighted in and practice some. After your experienced in shooting and you get ready to hunt find a quality ammo and resight it in. Different ammo will hit different on the target so you will have to sight in and hunt with one. Just get what's cheap at first here and get yourself going and practicing.

Reactions: olhippy

·
Registered
7,193 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Pretty much what he said^^^^^^^^^^^

1 - 6 of 6 Posts