National Gun Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or has ammo gone up in price? Im trying find ANY BRAND 9mm luger rounds. Preferably in a box of 50 or more. The cheapest I found was $35 for 50, thats $.75 per shot. Im only gonna be going to the range but $700 for 1000 rounds is insanity to me. any online links? or local stores that are nationwide? let me know please. Im in south FL.

·
1911 addict
1,040 Posts
All ammo is going sky high. Even .22 ammo that used to cost me $7.50 a brick is now over $20 on sale. 9mm isnt even available locally where I live.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All ammo is going sky high. Even .22 ammo that used to cost me $7.50 a brick is now over $20 on sale. 9mm isnt even available locally where I live
yeah me either. every walmart that used to carry it, doesnt anymore. I found some at Bass Pro Shops but thats where its $35 for a 50rnd box

·
super noob
2,037 Posts
No kidding there. .45 ammo cost as much as .308 now so .308 is what I have been shooting/hoarding lately. I almost have another 1000 rounds, but im going to have to get there soon because the pallet of .308 we got in is down to a 1/4 pallet. LOL We had over 60000 rounds when it first came in. Its good ammo too, made in turkey non corosive 150 grain. at employee prices its 13 a box of 20. Oh yeah the brass is fantastic as well. good luck hunting for ammo, 5.7 ammo is next on my list because I can find it right now and the price hasnt gone up yet on it.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No kidding there. .45 ammo cost as much as .308 now so .308 is what I have been shooting/hoarding lately. I almost have another 1000 rounds, but im going to have to get there soon because the pallet of .308 we got in is down to a 1/4 pallet. LOL We had over 60000 rounds when it first came in. Its good ammo too, made in turkey non corosive 150 grain. at employee prices its 13 a box of 20. Oh yeah the brass is fantastic as well. good luck hunting for ammo, 5.7 ammo is next on my list because I can find it right now and the price hasnt gone up yet on it.
do u sell to the public?

·
Gun Nut
1,599 Posts
Im going to Fremont, NE a week from saturday to the gun show to buy up some ammo. I can still get 9mm at my local gun store which has a 2 box limit. Im paying around $14 for a box of 50 on the 9mm.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im going to Fremont, NE a week from saturday to the gun show to buy up some ammo. I can still get 9mm at my local gun store which has a 2 box limit. Im paying around $14 for a box of 50 on the 9mm.
nice! now if i could only trust everyone on the internet.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Of course we do its a gun shop. How ever my boss doesnt do ammo sales over the internet, Its over the counter instore only deal. If you live in Colorado give me a pm and Ill give you our address.
why? whats so wrong about internet ammo sales?

·
super noob
2,037 Posts
why? whats so wrong about internet ammo sales?
Well first his idea is that he has it on had for our loyal customers, and second I think its because of the weight of the package. The cost of shipping adds more to the price of the ammo. In his own words " Why should I spend the time to pakage and ship, track and confirm deliveries when we dont have trouble selling ammo through the shop." So as unfair as it may seem thats the way it is.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well first his idea is that he has it on had for our loyal customers, and second I think its because of the weight of the package. The cost of shipping adds more to the price of the ammo. In his own words " Why should I spend the time to pakage and ship, track and confirm deliveries when we dont have trouble selling ammo through the shop." So as unfair as it may seem thats the way it is.
all valid for business reasons so I totally understand. If ur not having an issue moving it in the store, no reason to change it. Makes sense to me, unfortunately.

·
Gun Nut
1,599 Posts
All ammo is going sky high. Even .22 ammo that used to cost me $7.50 a brick is now over $20 on sale. 9mm isnt even available locally where I live
Wal-mart 30 miles away from me today has .45 and a ton of .22 They sell the .22 bricks at $13.?? for 500 rounds and the 550 round is $14.??

·
Registered
480 Posts
Are all the big dealers ( georgia arms, buyammo.com, cheaper than dirt ) out of ammo? I live in Maryland where the gun laws suck but there is ammo to be had at the local shops and the walmart still gets weekly restock. (weds the same day as payday). I guess the one benifit of living in a state where the majority is liberal anti-gunners is very few people buy ammo. Good more for me. I have heard alot of horror stories about this lately. I'll keep stockin up.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Is it just me or has ammo gone up in price? Im trying find ANY BRAND 9mm luger rounds. Preferably in a box of 50 or more. The cheapest I found was $35 for 50, thats $.75 per shot. Im only gonna be going to the range but $700 for 1000 rounds is insanity to me. any online links? or local stores that are nationwide? let me know please. Im in south FL.

I am finding 9 mm Blazer Brass for $14.50 a box of 50 in my area. A brick of 22 cal (525) is about $20.

The last two boxes of 380 cost me $39 for two boxes of 50 rounds.

But those prices are about double what I used to pay a year or so ago.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts