National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the first time in almost a decade,
two American astronauts are heading to the International Space Station aboard a rocket launched from U.S. soil.
The launch will take place at 4:30 p.m. EST on Wednesday,
marking an end of nine years of dependence on Russia for transporting astronauts from around the globe to the space station.

NASA and SpaceX launch managers on Monday gave a "go" for the Demo-2 mission,
the first launch of astronauts on an American rocket from American soil since the last space shuttle mission in 2011.
"This is a unique moment where all of America can take a moment and look at our country do something stunning again," NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine said in a press briefing on Tuesday.
Launch of the mission, dubbed Launch America, is scheduled for 4:33 p.m. EDT on Wednesday, May 27.
Members of the public are invited to participate in the mission through NASA's virtual guest operations and to apply for virtual NASA social.

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
A friend of ours has three sons. Two of the boys are really great kids growing up. Real athletes and super kids to be around. The third and youngest was always a pain in the a$$. He’d always spill at dinner. He’d forget his school work at home. He was a very smart kid but UGH, He’d always tag along with the older brothers who didn’t want him around. He cry when they’d tell him to leave and much much more. we lost touch as people do for about 7 years or so.
We caught up to them at a wedding recently. So much fun to hear what they’re doing. The youngest that was always a problem, will be very busy today. He now works in the control room at SpaceX monitoring the vehicle systems. How cool is that?

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
25min weather is problematic.
POTUS TRUMP has arrived.

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
It must have been that kid I mentioned. He was always making things more difficult than they needed to be.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Next window for launch is this Saturday at the same time I believe and after that some time in June. For me I wanted to see the 1st stage rocket come back down and land. They showed some clips and it look pretty neat.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
FOX carried the launch live. Eight minutes in looks good. Past the final abort zone.

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bob and Doug's excellent adventure.
Anticipated hatch opening 12:45 p.m.
A welcome ceremony about the ISS is scheduled for 1:15 p.m.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts