1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
26,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
56,401 Posts
Rust is a movie set in the 1880s. Therefore, the 'prop gun' would be a single action revolver, a lever action rifle or a side by side shotgun. The revolver would have to be cocked and fired then recocked and fired again. Unlikely. The rifle would have to be fired, the action cycled and fired again. Unlikely. Both of the shotgun's hammers would have to be cocked and both triggers pulled. Unlikely but the most likely scenario. Or the jackasshole was drunk, thought he saw President Trump and strated blasting away.

I was unaware that 'prop guns' could chamber, let alone fire, live rounds. Although blanks have been known to kill as short ranges.

Reactions: Caveman Jim

·
Registered
15,520 Posts
Probably a real gun using "blanks" with live ammo. Not the first time or even second time this has happened on a movie set. This just proves we need comprehensive gun control laws banning liberals from owning or handling guns.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
56,401 Posts
Probably a real gun using "blanks" with live ammo. Not the first time or even second time this has happened on a movie set. This just proves we need comprehensive gun control laws banning liberals from owning or handling guns.
By law, there must be a qualified armorer present whenever there are firearms (real or prop) on a movie set. Where was this armorer?

·
Registered
Vigilant Curmudgeon
131 Posts
Criminal negligence, involuntary manslaughter, Maybe some other charges.
More unraveling of the facts may include Criminal charges of more people than the FX & prop person , & A.Baldwin.

Sad… R.I.P. to the female cinematographer, & speedy recovery to the male Director.
Karma already bit Alex ( AKA Smart Alec)

Reactions: Caveman Jim

·
Salmon Slayer
557 Posts
He vilified the NRA with his comments but he failed to realize that the NRA teaches gun safety. He’s an idiot, I have no sympathy for him but do for the two people that he shot.

As others before me have said he will skate on this and become the poster child of anti-gun organizations.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Tragic because innocent people got hurt and died. To try and separate that, which cannot be done, from the shooter. It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy let's hope he doesn't get a pass. He is an actor but he seems to be genuinely distraught and maybe he actually is but I think he'll get over it. I fear he'll use this as will others to beat the anti-gun drum again. No one will focus on the ignorance of the individuals involved.

It is the prop master, gun tech or armorer's job to make sure the gun is safe. That individual is not named or even talked about. He is the one that's responsible and needs to be hung. Go up the line and the producer need to be held ultimately responsible and that's our friend AB. Facts are hard to come by but it sounds like AB wasn't supposed to actually pull the trigger.

I heard the plot was about a kid and his grandfather on the run because someone got shot accidentally. This situation, again tragic, is full of irony.

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,413 Posts
It would haunt a normal person for the rest of their lives.
These Marxist liberals have no soul therefore he will blame it on someone else and put out the fake tears in public and go on with his miserable life of abusing people.
Remember, these people were his friends and colleagues. He'll see those images every time he closes his eyes for years to come.

He may be a shitty excuse for a man but he is still just a man.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Exclusive Eyewitness Recounts Shooting on Alec Baldwin Movie Set: One bullet ripped through both victims
by Roger Friedman - October 22, 2021 12:46 am
0 52152

EXCLUSIVE It was one bullet that discharged from the prop gun on the Santa Fe movie “Rust” and killed the director of photography and wounded the movie’s director.

An eyewitness on set tells this column that the bullet went straight through the body of DP Halyna Hutchins and into the clavicle of the film’s director Joel Souza.

Very quickly the set was locked down. Ambulance and helicopters arrived. Hutchins and Souza were sent straight to the hospital. Hutchins died en route in a helicopter.

On the ground, Baldwin was in shock but composed. He kept asking why he was handed a “hot gun.” Our eyewitness said Baldwin kept saying “In all my years, I’ve never been handed a hot gun.”

“A hot gun” means a gun with real ammunition.

Baldwin, not knowing the fate of the victims, was taken immediately to the hospital. “He had no idea how badly they were hurt or Halyna was dead.”

“Rust” is a Tier 1 one movie, meaning it was being produced for under $6 million. Our source says: “They had safety meetings every day but it was a Tier I movie, so they probably didn’t have more than 1 prop person.” According to the imdb, there was one key medic on the staff and two stunt people.

Whatever happened on the set, Alec Baldwin certainly didn’t intend for this outcome. And “Rust” is done. Sources say the production has been halted but as with the movie about Gregg Allman’s life, in which a crew member was killed because of negligence, lawsuits will now override any chance to that movie being finished.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts