National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
18,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Grand Imperial Poobah
33,014 Posts
OH THANK YOU!, THANK YOU!, THANK YOU!

And PLEASE put that arrogant a-hole in general population prison for 18 months! He'll make a wonderful bride!

Reactions: Caveman Jim

· Registered
22,060 Posts
The descriptive graphic under a still photo of the story on FOX News this morning stated Baldwin could be eligible to a sentence of 18 months. 3 hour later, under the same still photo of Baldwin, FOX News had up'd the possible sentence/penalty to five (5) years.

· Premium Member
9,926 Posts
He’s a complete jerk and a snobbie prick but he probably should walk away unscathed. The girl that was hired as a armorer is screwed. There never should have been ANY live rounds anywhere near this movie set. Baldwin and every actor who handles a gun for a role should be taught basic gun safety. If they would have asked there would have been a NRA instructor on set. If I hand you a gun and tell you it’s unloaded, would you check or just say “Ok” and pull the trigger? He should have been instructed properly. If that’s the armorer’s job then she’s double screwed. And by the way, yes he did pull that trigger.

· Last Stand on Earth
6,324 Posts
He’s a complete jerk and a snobbie prick but he probably should walk away unscathed. The girl that was hired as a armorer is screwed. There never should have been ANY live rounds anywhere near this movie set. Baldwin and every actor who handles a gun for a role should be taught basic gun safety. If they would have asked there would have been a NRA instructor on set. If I hand you a gun and tell you it’s unloaded, would you check or just say “Ok” and pull the trigger? He should have been instructed properly. If that’s the armorer’s job then she’s double screwed. And by the way, yes he did pull that trigger.
It would take a miracle for a lay man to walk away pushing that blame off on someone else (and I’m not saying it won’t). The bar on involuntary manslaughter is an accident that could have been avoided with common sense. All the prosecution has to show is a reasonable person would have checked before pointing a deadly weapon at another person and intentionally pulled the trigger. That’s not a high bar.

· Jesus Saves
8,649 Posts
He needs to be held responsible. His actions caused the life of another. If I am driving yoru car and the breaks go out hit and kill someone, who is responsible? I am. I am supposed to be in complete control at all times. No different here. Can you imagine how many people will use this excuse if he is found not guilty? Oh, it was someone else's gun, the trigger is weird and I did not know. They never told me it had a touchy trigger. Oh, it's ok, it was just an accident!

Yes, it's an accident, but there are consequences. He goes to prison.

As far as the person checking the guns being guilty, they should not be. As far as they are concerned, the gun was fine before giving it to Baldwin. He should have checked.

· Super Moderator
15,153 Posts
They are filing charges because they believe they have a very good opportunity to win their case. Not surprise that they're going for manslaughter. There's a definite negligence component to what happened which is only compounded by the fact that he was also the producer who has the responsibility to ensure that procedures are in place to prevent such things, whether or not that responsibility was delegate to the armorer.

As for the armorer, she was also negligent but we won't know to what extent until trial. Her defense will likely be along the lines of her workload being so high that she was pulled away from duty by the producer, aka, Alec Baldwin.

It's going to be a sh!#storm of press in New Mexico when this trial gets going. Might boost our economy at the same time it reduces the average intelligence.

--Wag--

· Grand Imperial Poobah
33,014 Posts
IMO, Baldwin and the armorer share different levels of blame for what happened.

From what I understand, the only person who said the firearm was "cold" was Baldwin. He stated that is what the armorer told him. Since Baldwin also stated that he didn't pull the trigger, he is a proven liar.

In the end, Baldwin pointed the gun at others and pulled the trigger. He is ultimately responsible for the death of another.

All of us know to treat every firearm as loaded firearm, especially if we are told it is empty. If Baldwin followed that simple rule a young boy would still have his mom.

The armorer was neglectant in her duties as a armorer, but that in itself didn't cause the loss of life.

· Salmon Slayer
1,221 Posts
He gonna walk… Progressive NM will make sure that one of their own will not suffer as their subjects would.

Reactions: Square target

· Registered
17,525 Posts
This will drag on for a couple of years and nothing will happen to the poor victim alec.

Reactions: Ziggidy

· Jesus Saves
8,649 Posts
He gonna walk… Progressive NM will make sure that one of their own will not suffer as their subjects would.
I'n afraid of that. He can become the face for gun control! for the commies.

On the other, they may not support him. They may question why did he have real gun there at all? Real guns kill, prop guns do not?????

We'll see how they spin this.

· Registered
2,632 Posts
I agree with Caveman, He will be acquitted. The deal here is this is a movie set. There are professional people who's job it is to make sure things like this do not happen. Dave Hall should be the one on trial but he has a very smart lawyer. He has cut a plea deal mainly cause he's been down this road before and doesn't want that to come out on the stand in front a jury. The armorer will end up getting the brunt on this. She was responsible for loading the gun, she showed Dave hall it was a cold gun. Baldwin will cut some backroom deal for multiple millions with the state and settle.

· Jesus Saves
8,649 Posts
I have allot of questions but here are a couple:
1) He states he never pulled the trigger? How can a revolver go off without pulling the trigger?
2) Fingerprints - does a used shell have/retain fingerprints?

· Grand Imperial Poobah
33,014 Posts
I have allot of questions but here are a couple:
1) He states he never pulled the trigger? How can a revolver go off without pulling the trigger?
2) Fingerprints - does a used shell have/retain fingerprints?
1. Baldwin is full of s**t, and lying to cover his arse.

2. Yes and no. It depends on the firearm, ammo and other factors. In short, casings usually expands as is the cartridge is fired. As an expanded casing is pulled/dragged out of the chamber, the friction and heat from being fired usually distorts/destroys any fingerprint evidence. If the firearm is a revolver and the casings are allowed to cool and shrink before being ejected, there is a chance an identifiable print may be readable.

Reactions: Ziggidy

· Last Stand on Earth
6,324 Posts
1. Baldwin is full of s**t, and lying to cover his arse.

2. Yes and no. It depends on the firearm, ammo and other factors. In short, casings usually expands as is the cartridge is fired. As an expanded casing is pulled/dragged out of the chamber, the friction and heat from being fired usually distorts/destroys any fingerprint evidence. If the firearm is a revolver and the casings are allowed to cool and shrink before being ejected, there is a chance an identifiable print may be readable.
Traces of DNA on the case head would likely be protected from the blast. Downside is, only 30% of fingerprint samples have been successfully typed and sequenced. But a collective of all of the casings (assuming there was more than 1rd in the cylinder) might be enough.

DNA is not smoking gun proof. It only proves that someone touch them, not necessarily loaded them. Now, if someone were to say they never touched them and DNA says they did, well, then their credibility just went out the window.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts