National Gun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a long time gun lover. I have been shooting guns since around 6 years old and I am now 20. I went to the range the other day with a friend and we fired off some pistols and shotguns. While I was there the range owners daughter let me squeeze a few off out of a Sig Sauer 5.56 Rifle. I have long been interested in rifles, but haven't had the need or opportunity to fire many (I am strictly a range man, have never hunted although I may one day try). Firing this rifle has got me thinking about picking up a rifle of my own.

I have long had an affinity for AK weapons (AK-47, AK-74, Saiga, Dragunov) and figured this would be a cheap and good place to start off. After looking around on this website and visting recommended links I have gotten alot more information on AKMs. They have a used SAR-2 at the gun shop I normally go to for $295. I have heard many good things about this rifle including low recoil and decent accuracy. Anyone have any input on this particular gun? The things I have read sound like this is a pretty good price, anyone have any input? Also, does anyone have any information on good red dot sights and their pricing?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Already been to all of those sites, thanks for the heads up though :D . The SAR-2 sold before I got a chance to check it out, likely cause there website is slow to update. After talking with a few friends, I have decided I should probably stick with 7.62 rounds if I go for a AKM. The 5.45 are only imported and could be hard to get my hands on in the future, plus they have much less penetration (assuming I actually needed to use the gun).

It looks like I will try and pick up a hi-cap WASR-10.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts