National Gun Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I bought my AK, it came with two steel mags. I heard a lot of good things about the Tapco mags so I went ahead and bought one to try out versus the steel ones. The one I bought was $20 and came in a platic package and it fit and fed perfect. I was then at another shop later and saw they had what looked like the same mags just loose in a storage bin for $10 a piece. They appeared new even though they didn't have the plastic packaging like the one I bought but I had some extra money so I just grabbed one up. I got home and tried it in my rifle and the fit was extremely tight. I looked at them both to see what the difference was and the first one I bought had the angled recess toward the back of the right side of the mag at the top and the second one didn't. I'm assuming this acts as a kind of chamfer and at first I assumed that the first mag I bought was a later generation of the same mag but I can't find any information on this.

This is what I bought the first time (notice the angled chamfer at the top left of the picture):
Mag AK-47 7.62x39mm 30 Rounds TAPCO INTRAFUSE Black Rugged Polymer Construction Lifetime Warranty

I just want to know if theres any way to tell what it is I'm buying because I may order more of these online but I want to get the ones that fit better obviously. It looks like what I want is what's pictured in the link above but I want to be sure. Thanks ahead of time for any information.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Nope. Find exactly what it likes and then stick with that. I have an AR that likes some mags and not others. But you have to learn that the hard way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts