National Gun Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
first of all...
do u need an ffl or any sort of license to build a parts kit ak.
on top of that do u need a license of any sort to buy an ak47 full auto trigger grouping.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,066 Posts
There are those here who can answer your questions, myself included.

do u need an ffl or any sort of license to build a parts kit ak.
NO

do u need a license of any sort to buy an ak47 full auto trigger grouping.
YES

if the rear sear trigger were to... i dont know, disappear. and i put the rate reducer in. it would give the rifle full auto capability... right?
I, and everyone else who use this board, have no idea of what you are talking about. We do not discuss illegal actions here.

ANY further discussion will lead to this thread being locked and, possibly, deleted.

Right?

·
55,066 Posts
No problem

Apology accepted.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dont mean to poke a dead horse, but i am curious. i have looked on gunbroker and they sell complete full auto trigger groups with no ffl required. i know of course the kit doesnt do u any good without a receiver that has been machined to accept the parts, and that you need an ffl for.

·
55,066 Posts
If the BATFe decides to go after you, they will. ANY part that can make a firearm fire full auto can be construed as being illegal. You will have no recourse if the powers that be decide to go after you. These sites you mention are flirting with fire. I prefer to watch fools and not be one myself.

Reactions: DPM

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i always figured there was a lot of big brother going on with sites like gunbroker. got another question. i have a polish underfolder and i would like to get a full auto bolt carrier for it just because those dont have the stupid black paint. my plan was to buy one and polish it up so it adds some character to the gun. would the ATF have a field day over a bolt carrier? but in no way shape or form am i trying to make the gun auto capable with the carrier.

and thank you a bunch for all the feedback you have given me so far.

·
55,066 Posts
Remove the paint from your existing bolt carrier. Then polish it up. Its cheaper, and safer, that way.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
could i chemical strip it without damaging the metal?

also, revisiting the ak parts kit. any civilian can go buy a parts kit ak and assemble it in their basement without getting the door bashed down??

·
55,066 Posts
could i chemical strip it without damaging the metal?
Yes.

also, revisiting the ak parts kit. any civilian can go buy a parts kit ak and assemble it in their basement without getting the door bashed down??
Yes. Don't be stupid. Don't do anything that can be remotely considered to be illegal. If you do something 'iffy' SHUT UP about it.

Reactions: DPM

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
understood. i have come to relise there is to much at stake to do anything iffy

now when you get a parts kit together and functioning, do u haveto coordinate with the ATF and get it registered. how does this work.does the ATF monitor kits. cuz otherwise anyone could be a majormanufacturer of illegal weapons in their hotel room. i just want tomake sure that when i buy a kit, im not doing anything wrong.

·
55,066 Posts
Are you planning on buying a receiver flat and bending your own receiver or are you planning on purchasing a finished receiver?

·
55,066 Posts
A finished receiver IS a firearm. It will already be serialized. The stripped serialized receiver is the firearm. All 'registration' will already be accomplished.

·
Super Moderator
11,942 Posts
If you are planning to do anything full auto, you will need to get a tax stamp from the BATF BEFORE you buy the item.

If you buy the item first, you and the seller will be in a heap o' trouble.

--Wag--

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
got another ak question today.
what do you guys know about the Vepr ak. 7.62x39. Is it really made in Russia. or to be more specific. the one Atlantic firearms has listed on their website=
Shipping Rifles : Vepr AK47 7.62x39mm Rifle Red Wood

i also took a look at saiga aks and some arsenal aks. but from doing further research found out these are not original Russian made, and are not compatible with other eastern European ak parts.

I guess im trying to ask is "What is the highest quality ak you can get out there for the best price." (under 1200)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts