National Gun Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys play airsoft? I'm big on this stuff. I have a KWA M4A1 and KJW M1911, and a good combat loadout.

NOTE: for those who do not know, these are not real guns. Airsoft is like paintball, except these electric/gas guns shoot 6mm plastic BBs at low velocities. It is a great sport. Unlike paintball, airsoft has a military feel to it. You could not tell the guns below a part from their real counterparts unless you got a good look inside.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It depends on the kind of gun you get. Most airsoft guns (there are many types) have a range from 100-200+ feet. The M4 I have above is a high-quality professional level AEG (automatic electric gun) which has around an 180 ft. effective range and a BB velocity of about 400 Feet Per Second. I can sometimes pick of guys farther than that if I lead the target and set my hop-up right (hop-up provides spin on the BB as it goes down the barrel, increasing range). You can also upgrade the internal workings of your gun to increase performance. At 150 feet, I can get groupings of BBs on fully automatic of about 1 square foot with my rifle. I bought a tighter precision barrel to increase accuracy. :4:

Check out this website to see the variety of airsoft weaponry: www.airsoftgi.com

·
super noob
2,037 Posts
So what are the rules in an air soft game? IN paint ball there is no doubt that the person was hit. In airsoft a person could lie. IDK lol I hate losing.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's basically the honor system. But in most cases, we play on full auto since we have lots of rounds to spare (and no recoil), so we fire in bursts, obvious bursts. You (and many others) can usually tell if a player is lying if he got hit or not. In that case, most players are honest when they get hit.

Most airsoft players are usually older and mature due to age restrictions, but also because airsoft is expensive and to get the money for the gear and guns, you need some sort of income. Usually those with a job are responsible individuals. I'm 16, and without a job as of now (lawn mowing season is over lol), but I do call my hits.
Not that I get hit all that often :thumbsup: :4:

·
1911 addict
1,040 Posts
I have 2 1911's and a 24/7 pro softair pistols. My next one is going to be the M1A1. I have a blast shooting mice in the garage with them.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Me and my friends usually do MILSIM (military simulation), or paintball-style team deathmatch and CTF stuff. We love to do scenarios a lot too. Plinking around in the backyard is fun too, but not as fun as running through the woods shooting your way to your objective! :30:

·
Registered
826 Posts
Haha O man O man the good ole days! A couple years ago when I was wasting my time in college my buddies and I used to play all the time. Except, we didnt really play with any rules. We just got really drunk, slapped on some safety glasses, took off our shirts, and ran around shooting each other! Good lord did it hurt, but we were wasted so only for a second! Man that was fun!!

I dont have any pictures, but heres my armory

Pump action assault shotgun with 15 round mag
Full auto AEG MP5
Full auto AEG ar-15 with vertical grip and bushnell reddot scope.
Realistic weight and feel gas powered colt 1911 with removed orange tip
And various cheap manual cocking pistols

Another thing I loved to do was stack up all the beer cans on the top of the cabinets (a whole crapload of them of course) in my dorm and then sit on the couch in the living room and plink away at them with my guns.

Good times!:biggrin5:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very nice... sounds like fun. Me and my friends would break out the games whenever we were at a friends party or something... airsoft is such an addicting sport (yes, in my mind it is a sport).

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have two airsoft guns that can shoot out to 25 yards but the accuracy is impossible to replicate. Mine are assault rifle types so are more meant for close combat games. Still, I can break glass bottles in the garage with a few shots and it's fun to shoot soda cans on a rope. I'd go for an air rifle like a Gamo Hornet with a strong spring if I was going for distance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I use to play airsot a few years back. It's a fun game to play with friends. Back then we even competed and won a tournament. I miss this game.

·
Premium Member
6,176 Posts
I lot of guys here played “air hard”. The game is a bit riskier. It’s a real death match and all kinds of scenarios. The cool part is that after you make it through the championship series, you get to buy a house at a great mortgage rate and get health services at a govt hospitals.
Not trashing you but I couldn’t resist.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Here in my country there are not so much stores related to firearms and defense so I bought a nice plate carrier, a lanyard and a holster in an airsoft store. It's a nice store for tactical goods.

Most clients are in their twenties or thirties because airsoft is expensive, usually kids do not have enough money for it. It looks interesting and everybody is free to have whatever hobbies they like.

But when I see people more or less of my age talking about airsoft I cannot help but think: instead of playing with toys, what about training with real firearms? It's fun too and one day might save their lives.

Defending your home of a break in surely will be more intense that any airgun battle.

·
Banned
1,113 Posts
Airsoft is a great outdoor activity, especially for kids and teens. I wish here in WA we had more places to play at.
However, I would not equalize airsoft and real combat experience. The fact that you will "arise" every time after being "killed" with airsoft may develop dangerous negligence.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts