National Gun Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Benjamin Trail NP Xl for plinking in the backyard back in February and had not used it much since then. Then come March the ranges started to close and that’s all I could shoot. I have Already put 2k rounds down the 30 yard range and I’m working on my 5th box of crossman ultra magnum. I can’t stress enough how to useful airguns have become to keep my skills up (and build steadiness as the benjamin weighs in at 11 pounds). I forget I’m shooting my pellet gun sometimes and think I’m shooting my 22 at the range. Ammo is cheap, gun is quiet (sounds like a low powered finish nail gun), and its decently accurate. I recommend that everyone with some land gets a air gun so they can keep practicing while the ranges are closed.

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
they are fun and useful........use my 177 for squirrel control.

Reactions: Coalcracker

·
Aim true !
11,375 Posts
My son dispatched a rat in the yard the other day with my pump up crosman pistol. Air guns are great indoor fun when the weather is lousy.

Reactions: Jordan9MM

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I have been shooting my airguns at least 3 times a week in my basement for the past 6 years. Deadly accurate is my .177 Crosman Custom Shop 2300 pistol with a BSA red dot. You "build" this gun on-line to your desires (like 3 choices of wood grips) and then you get it in about 4-6 weeks. Google "Crosman Custom Shop" and take a look ( a few choices, like Zebra Wood, goes to page 2).

·
Super Moderator
14,530 Posts
they are fun and useful........use my 177 for squirrel control.
Effin squirrels! I’d been getting about a gallon of figs/day from my trees. One day I got none. What the heck? Then I see the little bastids. Run across the top of the house, grab an almost ripe fug and back to the other side. Then there’s the pine cones. They disassemble thousands of them daily to East the tiny but at the base of each layer. I pick up a wheelbarrow load of pine cone debris off the driveway every day.

#1 wife thinks they’re cute....

that’s not what I think...

At least rats run and hide. Squirrels are obnoxious rats.

Alan

Reactions: Fitasc Shooter

·
Aim true !
11,375 Posts
There was a squirrel chasing robins the other day. It was funny. It would chase them. Then they would dive bomb the squirrel. It went on for about 10 mins.

Reactions: Jordan9MM

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
glorified tree rats.......

·
Registered
8,370 Posts
Reactions: deputy

·
Registered
573 Posts
Wife was watching out the glass door a while back saw some squirrels down on the middle meridian of our street. Then she said it was all of a sudden flashback to a Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom episode. Hawk hit one of the squirrels and it was all over. You can tell when they are around all the other animals are quiet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts