National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
4,756 Posts
I want one! I may even be willing to become a pilot so i can fly it! Do you think a $10 deposit will hold one for me?

· RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,534 Posts
Don't forget the $80,000 check ups and the $10,000 fuel bill every time you take it out for a spin :lol:

Reactions: AgedWarrior

· Live Free
4,510 Posts
Speaking from first hand experience, the cost of maintaining that thing does not get better with age (airframe flight hours). That is an old bird that has been handed down from NATO to Jordan and now to the sales block. I suspect, if it was not sold overseas and was a US fighter, it would be getting parked down in Arizona in the boneyard.

· Registered
17,527 Posts
So how much is it? I didn't see a price, do i have to email for that? My lawn should be big enough or I'm just a stones throw away from one of the biggest runways in the country!

· Registered
8,425 Posts
Not a bad price; maybe some drug lord will buy it to guard his smuggling submarine from the Coast Guard

· Registered
17,527 Posts

· RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,534 Posts
Wow ya'll are a bunch of buzz kills with all this maintenance costs and inspections.
I just want to park it in front of my house and intimidate people.

For that you need one of those harriers

· Premium Member
9,928 Posts
I’ve never been one to think about being a pilot but I went to the Marine Museum in Quantico Va and went I saw the Corsair I fell in love. I want to fly that!

· Registered
4,404 Posts
There was talk about buying surplus aircraft like Harriers and I think someone in Hollywood did to do "True Lies" with Arnold.

· Registered
4,404 Posts
Come to think of it why would anyone need military hardware. Weapons of war. Ban all AR-15's.

· Registered
6,520 Posts
Wow ya'll are a bunch of buzz kills with all this maintenance costs and inspections.
I just want to park it in front of my house and intimidate people.
On the Reservation. They would just give up on a car and leave it in the front yard. Then they have lawn ornaments. I used to joke with them about having a lawn ornament contest and awards each month. Boy would this make one heck of a lawn ornament. It sure ain't no plastic deer.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.