National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
I want one! I may even be willing to become a pilot so i can fly it! Do you think a $10 deposit will hold one for me?

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I’d like to park that in front of my house right next to my Gonzales flag.Come and take it.
see how brave the LEO’s are if I ever get red flagged

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,521 Posts
Don't forget the $80,000 check ups and the $10,000 fuel bill every time you take it out for a spin :lol:

Reactions: AgedWarrior

·
Live Free
3,500 Posts
Speaking from first hand experience, the cost of maintaining that thing does not get better with age (airframe flight hours). That is an old bird that has been handed down from NATO to Jordan and now to the sales block. I suspect, if it was not sold overseas and was a US fighter, it would be getting parked down in Arizona in the boneyard.

·
Registered
19,892 Posts
People in this forum would be hard pressed to foot the bills for Annual and 100 Hour FAA required inspections of a Cessna 150. Forget a Basic Post Flight or a Numbered Phase Inspection that Block 30 F-16 would require.

·
Registered
14,892 Posts
So how much is it? I didn't see a price, do i have to email for that? My lawn should be big enough or I'm just a stones throw away from one of the biggest runways in the country!

·
Registered
8,370 Posts
Not a bad price; maybe some drug lord will buy it to guard his smuggling submarine from the Coast Guard

·
Registered
14,892 Posts

·
Registered
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't know why the gov would want one of those in private hands. Ya think an AR can do some damage, just wait.....

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,521 Posts
Wow ya'll are a bunch of buzz kills with all this maintenance costs and inspections.
I just want to park it in front of my house and intimidate people.

For that you need one of those harriers

·
Premium Member
7,514 Posts
I’ve never been one to think about being a pilot but I went to the Marine Museum in Quantico Va and went I saw the Corsair I fell in love. I want to fly that!

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
There was talk about buying surplus aircraft like Harriers and I think someone in Hollywood did to do "True Lies" with Arnold.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
Its a fully functional fighter jet. US civilians cannot buy.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Come to think of it why would anyone need military hardware. Weapons of war. Ban all AR-15's.

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
Wow ya'll are a bunch of buzz kills with all this maintenance costs and inspections.
I just want to park it in front of my house and intimidate people.
On the Reservation. They would just give up on a car and leave it in the front yard. Then they have lawn ornaments. I used to joke with them about having a lawn ornament contest and awards each month. Boy would this make one heck of a lawn ornament. It sure ain't no plastic deer.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts