National Gun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I made my first post in here a couple weeks ago regarding form 4473 and a concern I had/have relating to the background check and a previous incident. Anyway, I digress. With the current state of our nation, a potential shift in our government come November, and an ever increasing concern that armed/violent protests could expand to something more than their current state... I have instead decided to build an AR Pistol platform rather than go with a direct handgun purchase. Below I have a list of of all parts that will be included in the build. Please note, the stripped lower has recently been ordered and as soon as I have it in my possession, I will order the remainder of the items. I'm trying to build a tool with mid-range, yet quality parts. With that being said, does any one have any suggestions of parts that I should replace in the current list of items below? Also, the optics, is that a quality sight for the $200 price point or should something else be my first choice? I do plan to upgrade to an adjustable gas block (not sure which size I need yet) and I would like a single stage trigger; however, without paying $200+ the Larue triggers seemed to be the best option but single stage all sold out, any alternatives or is the 2-stage Larue listed below adequate?

Thanks in advance to any responses, your time and help is greatly appreciated.

Anderson Manufacturing AR-15 Stripped Lower Receiver$47.99Anderson Manufacturing AR-15 Stripped Lower Receiver
Magpul MOE-Plus AR15 Gun Grip$23.00Magpul MOE-Plus AR15 Gun Grip Up to 24% Off — 4 models
Geissele Automatics Premium Mil-Spec Buffer Tube Assembly with Super 42 H3$145.00Geissele Premium AR-15/M4 Mil-Spec Buffer Tube Assembly w/ Super 42 Spring w/ Free S&H — 6 models
LaRue Tactical MBT-2S Straight Bow Trigger$80.00LaRue Tactical MBT-2S Straight Bow Trigger - LaRue Tactical
Geissele Super Duty Lower Parts Kit$95.00Geissele Super Duty Lower Parts Kit w/ Free Shipping — 2 models
SB Tactical SBPDW Pistol Stabilizing Brace for Mil-spec AR-15$240.00https://www.opticsplanet.com/sb-tactical-sb-pdw-pistol-stabilizing-brace.html
Item(UPPER RECEIVER)
Aero Precision Complete Upper Receiver M4E1-T, 5.56 NATO 12.5in$386.00Aero Precision Complete Upper Receiver M4E1-T, 5.56 NATO w/ S-One Handguard Up to 15% Off w/ Free Shipping — 2 models
Aero Precision 5.56 AR15 Bolt Carrier Group Nickel Boron$175.00Aero Precision 5.56 AR15 Bolt Carrier Group Up to 14% Off w/ Free S&H — 3 models
Aero Precision AR15/M4 5.56 Ambidextrous Charging Handle$80.00Aero Precision AR15/M4 5.56 Ambidextrous Charging Handle APRH100388C Color: Black, Fabric/Material: 7075-T6 Aluminum, 12% Off w/ Free S&H
Optics
SightMark Ultra Shot M-Spec FMS Reflex Sight with Integrated Sunshade SM26035$200.00SightMark Ultra Shot M-Spec FMS Reflex Sight with Integrated Sunshade SM26035, Color: Black, Battery Type: CR123A, 17% Off w/ Free S&H
Accessories
MAGPUL M-LOK AFG ANGLED FORE GRIP- MAG598$26.00Magpul Industries M-LOK Angled Fore Grip Up to 24% Off — 4 models
FERFRANS CQB MODULAR MUZZLE BRAKE SYSTEM - 5.56$180.00Ferfrans CQB Modular Muzzle Brake System
Streamlight High Lumen Rail Mounted Tactical Light, Black, Light Only w/Long Gun Kit$160.00https://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00L4EHZYU

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you trying to avoid the background check? I do believe the lower needs a NICS check.
Not trying to avoid Background check. Lower is being shipped to FFL now, where form 4473 will be completed for transfer. I had a concern related to the 4473 and the background due to a fight I got into with my cousin approx 5-years ago. I was charged with domestic battery; however, that charge was dismissed by the court. I did not want that to be an immediate disqualifier and I was uncertain if it would be or not as I was never ordered to surrender any firearms I currently own and I was unsure how to respond to that specific question. According to multiple FFLs, Local Sheriffs Department and forum responses here I was advised each time that I should answer "no" to ever having been convicted of a domestic related charge as a dismissal is not a conviction.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you buy the lower, you'll still have to do a 4473.

--Wag--
Not attempting to avoid FFL background check. Explanation on that situation is above in response to @Coalcracker. I am only looking to improve or adjust the build listed above per suggestions from those that have more experience with a carbine/carbine pistol platform. I changed my mind on buying a handgun and instead went with building a carbine pistol due to the reasons listed in my initial post above(mostly the November elections).

· Registered
18,015 Posts
I just built an AR pistol, I got what I could find. I've had to the range a couple times, I really like it, and it's ready to go if need be. I want to get a 16" carbine length upper to just have. The muzzle flash on this 10.5" barrel is brutal.

· Registered
2,264 Posts
I built my AR platform starting with an Anderson stripped lower. Purchased all the other parts from Midway USA. Mine is a 20 barreled rifle with a detachable carry handle rear site so no optics on it.

· Live Free
4,509 Posts
Nothing wrong with LaRue triggers. Just an observation on my part, but your list totals $1680 without any tax or shipping or ammo. I spent right at $800 (Including optic) to build my first AR, and it shoots moa with most ammo and sub-moa with my own loads. I am not being critical, just saying you might shop around a bit...

· Registered
62 Posts
A great red dot is the Sig Romeo 5. Got mine from Academy shipped for $145. MOA accuracy and the best feature is the auto on system. When the site detects vibration it turns on. Great for pick up and go situations. Has a 40k hr battery life.

As far as $180 for a muzzle device--no thanks. You can get any myriad of devices for less than $40 that will suit your needs. 5.56 isn't an extremely concussive round so high end brakes/comps really don't do much for you.

Save the cash for ammo.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.