Registered
6,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Reactions: Wag

·
Registered
6,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
During his press conference on Thursday following the terrorist attack in Afghanistan that killed 13 U.S. servicemembers, President Biden blamed his generals for the decision to leave Bagram Air Base behind
and did not deny reports that his administration gave the Taliban a list of Americans stranded in the region.

Biden Blames Generals for Abandoning Bagram Air Base

·
Premium Member
7,815 Posts
He’s a lost man. He dropped his head on to his hands on the podium like he was going to collapse or breakdown. Highly unusual for a world leader or a responsible man. He then said he’d take a question from “ who I was instructed to take a question from”???? Wholly Crap!!! He gave a hit list or valuable hostage list to our enemy. UFB! ( Un- F-ing believable)

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
He’s a lost man. He dropped his head on to his hands on the podium like he was going to collapse or breakdown. Highly unusual for a world leader or a responsible man. He then said he’d take a question from “ who I was instructed to take a question from”???? Wholly Crap!!! He gave a hit list or valuable hostage list to our enemy. UFB! ( Un- F-ing believable)
It was difficult to watch. Not because I have any sympathy for Biden.
But because this is what the rest of the world sees as our leader.
This guy couldn't lead a cub scout troop.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Soo, my tax dollars paid to arm the Taliban with MILITARY GRADE FULLY AUTOMATIC ASSAULT WEAPONS,
but with my personal income, I'm not supposed to be able to purchase firearms which even LOOK like what we gave away, in Afghanistan?

·
Super Moderator
15,065 Posts
Soo, my tax dollars paid to arm the Taliban with MILITARY GRADE FULLY AUTOMATIC ASSAULT WEAPONS,
but with my personal income, I'm not supposed to be able to purchase firearms which even LOOK like what we gave away, in Afghanistan?
I was talking to an LEO yesterday and that was exactly what he said.

Alan

·
Super Moderator
15,065 Posts
Joe Biden hasn't been lucid since 2007 when it was really the first time I'd ever heard of him. Even Barak Obama called him a screw up... His primary, and only real purpose, has been being a tool to sell influence to the highest bidder for personal gain for himself and his family. He could care less about the lives of our service men and women. He loaded his administration on political points, and evidently has the most incompetent Chiefs of Staff to ever fill a uniform.

His "hunt you down and make you pay" remark was so incredibly fake that it would have been cut from an Italian "B" movie. He's not going to do ****. He's going to wait it out and hope that the media will save him. I hope he doesn't resign. I want him removed against his will by the 25th and utterly disgraced along with his entire administration of clowns that have given us this horror film to watch each night on TV.

This is a time when something really bad can happen. We have a weak (impotent) CIC, our Military is lead by incompetents, our primary world rivals (enemies) are posturing to move on things they have wanted for some time, Iran is a month and a half from being a nuclear power, our southern border is non-existent, Antifa openly clashes violently with the police in our own country with impunity, and who knows what the Hell the NORKS are cooking up. Meanwhile, the leader of the free world is concerned about vaccines, global warming, and his ice cream flavor of the day.

Somebody(s) put that buffoon in office because they thought they could control him. They never counted on him actually having to lead. Hell, let lead alone, he can't even retreat...

Alan

Reactions: underdog and Wag

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
25,381 Posts
IMHO, getting out of Afghanistan was a mistake. We should have established a permanent military base there, just in case we needed to "deal with" Iran or China.

·
Super Moderator
15,065 Posts
Oh, don't worry, we (we?) are going back to hunt them down and make them pay.... remember?

Alan

Reactions: Stevejet

·
Registered
45 Posts
IMHO, getting out of Afghanistan was a mistake. We should have established a permanent military base there, just in case we needed to "deal with" Iran or China.
Going in to Afghanistan in order to create a Western style central government was a mistake, it's something that will never happen in that area of the world because their culture doesn't believe in centralized control of people.

We should have gone in and eliminated Osama Bin Laden and his organization as best as we could and then left. WE fell in to the trap of arrogance, thinking that our way of life was wanted by everybody else.

·
Registered
6,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·

Reactions: Stevejet

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
25,381 Posts
Going in to Afghanistan in order to create a Western style central government was a mistake, it's something that will never happen in that area of the world because their culture doesn't believe in centralized control of people.

We should have gone in and eliminated Osama Bin Laden and his organization as best as we could and then left. WE fell in to the trap of arrogance, thinking that our way of life was wanted by everybody else.
I agree, but since we were already there and had established a base, we should have stayed and used it to our advantage in the region. Just saying.

·
Registered
6,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
  • Gen. Kenneth F. McKenzie said the last flight left Kabul shortly after midnight on Tuesday morning local time
The Army released an image Monday of the last U.S. soldier to leave Afghanistan as the Pentagon announced the last American forces left Kabul airport 24 hours ahead of schedule.

The XVIII Airborne Corps, whose forces go by the Sky Dragons, were among the last to step off Afghan soil as the total withdrawal of U.S. forces concluded Monday ahead of the August 31 deadline.

• Witnesses said Taliban fighters fired celebratory shots into the air as word spread that the last flight had left
  • A Taliban spokesman declared victory and said the country 'gained complete independence'
More than two dozen House Democrats demanded Congress reduce military spending following the U.S. withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan.

In a letter to House Armed Services Committee Chairman Adam Smith on Monday, 27 Democrats asked that fiscal 2022 not exceed President Joe Biden’s request of $715 billion for the Department of Defense.

The group, headed by Reps. Mark Pocan of Wisconsin and Barbara Lee of California, pointed to the imminent U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan and the increased domestic social welfare needs, arguing lawmakers should cut military spending “now more than ever” and dedicate funding to fighting poverty and climate change instead.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
56,045 Posts
August 30, 2021

There are still Americans who remain in Afghanistan “in the low hundreds,” he said in response to a reporter’s question, adding that the military and State Department will work to evacuate those individuals. A Pentagon spokesman earlier on Aug. 30 said that around 600 still remain in the country.

“We didn’t get out everyone that we wanted to get out,” the general said, adding that it is a “tough situation.”

McKenzie’s comments, however, appear to contradict a statement made by Biden when he told ABC News on Aug. 18, “If there are American citizens left [in Afghanistan], we’re going to stay to get them all out.”

---

Biden now faces condemnation at home and abroad, not so much for ending the war as for his handling of a final evacuation that unfolded in chaos and raised doubts about U.S. credibility. Biden has repeatedly defended his administration’s handling of the evacuation, although he and other administration officials provided conflicting details about the situation on the ground in Kabul.

There were also questions raised about the intelligence reports used by the Pentagon and top military leaders regarding the speed at which the Taliban took over the country and the fall of the U.S.-backed Afghan government and army. Pentagon chief Lloyd Austin and other generals said they received no intelligence suggesting the country’s government would collapse in just 11 days to the Taliban, designated by some federal agencies as a terrorist group.

Meanwhile, the administration received blowback over the billions of dollars in American weapons, vehicles, aircraft, and other equipment that were seized by the Taliban

Exerpted from:

·
Registered
50 Posts
The Taliban said on Tuesday that they would block Afghans trying to leave the country
Well o course they did. China Joe handed them a kill list...............I mean a list of Afghans that help us and we "want to keep out promises to".

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
  • Gen. Kenneth F. McKenzie said the last flight left Kabul shortly after midnight on Tuesday morning local time
The Army released an image Monday of the last U.S. soldier to leave Afghanistan as the Pentagon announced the last American forces left Kabul airport 24 hours ahead of schedule.

The XVIII Airborne Corps, whose forces go by the Sky Dragons, were among the last to step off Afghan soil as the total withdrawal of U.S. forces concluded Monday ahead of the August 31 deadline.

• Witnesses said Taliban fighters fired celebratory shots into the air as word spread that the last flight had left
  • A Taliban spokesman declared victory and said the country 'gained complete independence'
More than two dozen House Democrats demanded Congress reduce military spending following the U.S. withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan.

In a letter to House Armed Services Committee Chairman Adam Smith on Monday, 27 Democrats asked that fiscal 2022 not exceed President Joe Biden’s request of $715 billion for the Department of Defense.

The group, headed by Reps. Mark Pocan of Wisconsin and Barbara Lee of California, pointed to the imminent U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan and the increased domestic social welfare needs, arguing lawmakers should cut military spending “now more than ever” and dedicate funding to fighting poverty and climate change instead.
They are going to need to increase the budget once the terror attacks start happening.
CIA is gonna need more money for intelligence gathering which is gonna be much more difficult without a small footprint in the country.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts