National Gun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I just posted an introduction. I'm interested in learning more about the guns of the 1960's. I want to learn more about the guns that would have been popular during the Cold War era of the 1960's. What is a gun that could have been equipped with a silencer back in the mid-60's. I know James Bond used a Walther, but what are some besides it? Also could you ever use a suppressor on any type of Sig Sauer or Browning? Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it. Take care. Happy New Year! Keith

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I am not an expert on suppressors or silencers. Silencers are illegal unless you have the proper permits. Suppressors depends on the state, I suppose. I think the experts will be along shortly to discuss this topic further.

I suppose you can buy extended threaded barrel for suppressor use but I would use caution waltzing down that slippery slope. You don't want any problems with BATF.

I have never had any use for either, but that is just my personal choice.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some state allow them and they are fun to shoot. In europe it is proper to shoot at a range with a suppressor or silencer. Ruger had a great 22 cal auto for GI's hunting VC in tunnels back in the 60's. It looked like a bull barrel ruger 22. But was in fact a fully suppressed 22 pistol.

Dan Long
Boston, MA

1 - 3 of 3 Posts