National Gun Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Aim true !
11,301 Posts
That vortex looks like a nice scope. I like the BDC reticles myself.The second plane is nice too for keeping the crosshairs the same in long distance shooting at high magnification. I have this one on my 17HMR. It has the second plane.

·
Registered
14,029 Posts
you should go to a gun shop and ask your question. They will sell you a scope and mount it for you as well, possibly for a fee. They probably won't fleece you too bad on the scope and rings, probably will make sure everything is tight, probably wont bend the tube, probably won't cant the scope too bad and may eve bore sight the thing for you.

Alan
I'm going to reiterate this part right here. Most smaller gun shops will mount and bore sight a set of rings and a scope for free if you buy it there. Stay away from the box box stores.Saves you a big hassle of breaking or stripping screws, tubes or mounts. Also bore sighting most of the time will save you $$$ on ammo. I have literally seen people waste box after box of ammo on a gun that was not bore sighted and they had no clue how to sight it in.
If you do decide to buy online and mount it yourself this is probably the best and easiest way to bore sight without any tools except a steady mount for the rifle to sit in. I always recommend shooting 3 shots before each adjustment(after the initial bore sighting) to rule out human error.

Reactions: Coalcracker
21 - 23 of 23 Posts