National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
AZHerper
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This site which, in my opinion, was by far the best site for conservative gun enthusiasts on the net, has been overrun by at least 2 internet trolls who liberally post several nonsensical extraneous and frankly, stupid, posts a day on this site. You all know who they are. The primary offenders in descending order of irritation or aggravation are: GentrifyAmerica, and saiga 308. GentrifyAmerica is undoubtedly the infamous "JP" and saiga is mostly just "tooting his horn" about shooting prowess interspersed with extraneous junk. This is occurring in the midst of Covid-19 problems, the site admins going to new software, and long time regulars like Popeye faced with other problems.

This site has been kind of a "safe haven" for me where I could interact with a lot of like-minded (conservative, patriotic, pro-Second Amendment) friends. But...it has been deteriorating and I'd hate to see it languish and become just another internet gun site,

·
Jesus Saves
7,837 Posts
Unless it can be proven fact, everyone should stay. We are not an elitist group, we're a gun forum that supports the constitution. I may not like everyone but it is their right to be here. If you don;t like their posts, don't respond.

I truly think many are a bit crazy....but so are mine.

Unless people break the rules, let it be......IMHO.

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
when you do not like a particular poster.......when they post something,

click on their name in the left column of their post.......a small box appears......click on view profile.....scroll down and click "add to ignore list".......

if enough folks refuse to comment or play the game, then they get bored.....

my guess is until they violate forum rules, then so be it....so let the liberal snowflake play.....gets awful lonely when no one takes the bait.

i have two names on my ignore list....one is jp and the other is the newest form of jp......purty sure i will add a new alias.

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
they live for and thrive on negative comments...its how they get their jolly's.....they whither up and blow away from silence.....eventually....

·
Banned
8,370 Posts
If you feel someone is a troll, simply put them on ignore and DO NOT REPLY TO THEIR THREAD; simple

Reactions: LRDGCO and deputy

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Unless people break the rules, let it be......IMHO.
Well creating multiple accounts in order to troll the site is definitely breaking the rules and was what JP was originally permanently banned for. Using exploits in order to sneak back onto the site after a ban is another example of breaking the rules and something JP has done multiple times now. There are also rules against trolling and spamming as part of the TOS for this site. It would probably be a good idea whenever a banned troll sneaks back onto the site to delete every post they made along with re banning them.

One of the admins here removed a link I had in my signature line to a non commercial forum I own. Claiming I'd violated the TOS by promoting another site. Yet I see one particular member here constantly posting links to his YouTube videos in order to promote his YouTube channel. Since Youtube views generate revenue for the owner of the channel, spamming links to your YouTube channel is well......Spamming.
In Popeye's absence it seems whoever has control of the ban hammer is asleep at the wheel.

·
Aim true !
10,261 Posts
Everyone has good points in their post. I made use of the ignore on J.P

·
Live Free
2,873 Posts
they live for and thrive on negative comments...its how they get their jolly's.....they whither up and blow away from silence.....eventually....
Exactly! I think sometimes it is hard to not respond to the provocations, I have that problem to a degree too. But the best way to deal with them is to starve them, do not respond anymore. And if you cannot do that, just block them. There lots of good folks here, let’s not let trolls ruin what we have, we need to take control by our own responses, or, actually no response. Don’t feed them.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
22,266 Posts
JB has at least 4 different names on here. It should be a rule that no VPN supported members be allowed. They allow hiding.
Hold on Hoss! I am one member who uses a VPN in order to secure my web traffic against snoops, spies, and anyone else who wants to steal or monetize my data. I'm not hiding from anyone, just trying to protect my household from identity thief, etc.

·
Banned
61 Posts
Hold on Hoss! I am one member who uses a VPN in order to secure my web traffic against snoops, spies, and anyone else who wants to steal or monetize my data. I'm not hiding from anyone, just trying to protect my household from identity thief, etc.
Some people here think promoting good stewardship of the land and firearms safety is 'troll-like'. I'm an American. I believe in the 2nd A. That we may not always agree on politics, social issues and religion confirms our rights under the 1st A. I would report somebody in to the police if I were to take their license plate number down following throwing a soda can out the window.

·
Banned
8,370 Posts
I agree! VPN allows a little anonymity, but it isn't perfect - mods can still see things we can't; I use a VPN for a variety of reason

·
Registered
18,608 Posts
Sure. I'll "watch" the underwhelming marksmanship vids. But I just don't comment. Be an "Adult" and let these clowns slide without "commenting". Starve them. Use "Ignore" if you have to. But to me, they're just boring Mooks and adolescents.

You are going to have to discipline yourselves to NOT FEED the Trolls. Skip the easy post-count increase and move on.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
About 2 weeks ago Saiga 308 motivated me to learn how create an ignore user list for this site, thanks to him I had the necessary skills to add a second name to that list.

·
Super Moderator
5,703 Posts
Thing is the banned members who you think are returning as other members are not the people who you think they are. Sometimes they do though they are dealt with. The new members r not as far I know. With this said we r keeping an eye on things going on with what is said / posted. Because someone has a different opinion we will not out right ban. Letting them speak is helpful to all both in hearing what they say and keeping with the First. Until they get out of hand or r not willing to see or understand then something will be done. I'm all for venting and ranting just there's a line when it becomes insulting to members, America, Americans, The Constitution, The Bill of Rights or even The Amendments.

We have members here who r in their own little world. Some members here do not understand what all the fuss is about with firearms - though they own firearms. Some older then us some younger then us. We treat them all equal until its time not to. Some come here to post up for they do with firearm testing, ammunition / cartridge building, or their findings on information of firearms or wanting to know of some firearm they have. Some come here for the "rest of the story" to quote Paul Harvey. Which we (the members here) try to set people straight from the misinformation they gather, believe, or listen to. We have members here who try and help the mods with reporting posts when we're not on....all what was mentioned is no reason for banning. Yet this forum and the members who make up the forum are one of the better firearm sites out there which is why we get all these types.

Now with the subject of trolls....they keep everyone on their toes and mods love playing with their food before the kill. Something to the extent of s pack of orcas.

·
Premium Member
5,897 Posts
Hold on nothing! You’re one of those posters! Lol. You’ve been here for almost 20K posts and you’re not goin away.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts