National Gun Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone is using an adjustable choke on their shotgun. I was looking at purchasing a Remington 870 Express Combo with the vent rib in modified. The person in the gun shop suggested a "poly-choke" which will serve a variety of purposes. What do you think?

G

·
I have never been a poly choke fan. For one thing they're uggly. I like the screw in invector chokes, doesn't ruin the lines of the gun.

G

·
bat1159man said:
The person in the gun shop suggested a "poly-choke" which will serve a variety of purposes.
What are Poly Chokes? and Adjustable! How does that work?? I got invectors,Iknow U can get exe tubes...so what are they :?:

G

·
the big advantage a ploychoke has over screw in choke tubes is that the choke can be changed with the turn of a wrist. while polychokes are ugly to say the least , they offer a shotgunner up to nine different chokes with little effort. polychoke now come with a screw in system for tapped shotgun barrels that accept individual screw in choke tubes. they are available from brownells for $99.95 and once screwed in to the barrel they offer nine different settings.a fixed polychoke is a rather permanent attachment when brazed on to the end of regular untapped shotgun barrel. they also have vents or ports in the tube, before the shot pattern reaches the choke constriction,thereby reducing recoil. pbl

1 - 4 of 4 Posts