National Gun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Big Gun Enthusiast
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have been talking about getting a new gun for a while now and have been going back and forth all the way. But, I have kinda made my mind up as to what it is a want. I already have a .44 magnum, a S&W 629, and it is by far my favorite gun. So i've decided to just by another .44mag and be a collector of them. Now, I've also decided that I will eventually get a Ruger Blackhawk somewhere down the line. So, acide from that one, what do you guys think are some good .44's out there.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I like the Bisley framed Ruger 44s with a 5.5" barrel. Don't think you can buy them anymore, but they did make them for a short time. They even had the 32 H&R in a Bisley frame for a short time.

Its just a beautiful shooting single action revolver and nice in polished stainless steel.

I am sure they are out there for sale somewhere. Just watch the auctions on GB.

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
You should think about a Colt Anaconda. They are great guns. Expensive & hard to find, but fine firearms.
I am with Mr Denjask. No .44mag collection would be complete without the Colt Anaconda. IMHO they were the best ever made. I have a M-29 Dirty Harry rep by S&W and it's a fine revolver and I enjoy it a bunch.:thumbsup:

M-29 with show stocks.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
I am with Mr Denjask. No .44mag collection would be complete without the Colt Anaconda. IMHO they were the best ever made. I have a M-29 Dirty Harry rep by S&W and it's a fine revolver and I enjoy it a bunch.:thumbsup:

M-29 with show stocks.
Now THAT'S a pretty gun.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Model 29 . .

Dirty Harry was on AMC tonight at supper time. It's like a John Wayne movie, gets better the more times you watch it.

Here's my Model 29-2.

Regards:
Rod

·
Registered
241 Posts
I love that movie.

My favorite part is when Harry is chasing the psycho and shoots him in the leg.

Psycho "You tried to kill me"
Harry "If I tried to kill you, your brains would be splattered all over this field"

That cracks me up every time.

Back on topic.

Yeah 44mags kick ass.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Baldy, you probably know that those stocks are worth about what the whole dang revolver sold for in the 70s, right?

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
Baldy, you probably know that those stocks are worth about what the whole dang revolver sold for in the 70s, right?
Yes sir Mr Gunrnr I do. It's the one and only true collector type gun that I have ever owned. The wife got it for me and she went top shelve. I got the display box, two sets of stocks, cleaning brush, and the sight screwdriver that everyboby has to have. :lol:

Here's a bad picture with the Dirty harry stocks on it. :biggrin5:

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Yes sir Mr Gunrnr I do. It's the one and only true collector type gun that I have ever owned. The wife got it for me and she went top shelve. I got the display box, two sets of stocks, cleaning brush, and the sight screwdriver that everybody has to have. :lol:

Here's a bad picture with the Dirty harry stocks on it. :biggrin5:

Thats one beautiful revolver! I might take that in lieu of your Python.:biggrin5:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts