National Gun Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cut out briefly to the range just to try some 327 Federal mag 100 gr gold dot ammo. Just 5 gallon bucket shooting at 12 yards with the LCR. Recoil is such a subjective thing, but this round "felt" about like the old fbi 38 special 158+p load in my magnum LCR.....it was manageable....Accurate/fast double taps were on par with my 38 +p shooting and not a problem....20 rds of this without a sore hand.

It is LOUD as i did not have my super duper electronic ear muffs with me....just some plugs.....and even then it was still almost painfully loud. It is the loudest handgun cartridge i have ever tried in my life .....I think the concussion/bark was more of a wow factor than any recoil. Reminded me of the 30 carbine round in a ruger blackhawk only worse..I would hate to imagine the hearing damage if shot indoors with no plugs......

also.....20 rds of Hornady 32 H&R mags down range.......ever so sweet, ever so manageable and much more "civilized" in the noise dept. Much more control with recoil more like 38 target wadcutters and the hands down choice for me in this format so far.....but i still want to eventually try a few more offerings.....

·
Aim true !
11,305 Posts
Always good to get out when you can. Sounds like a great time. Were they hand loads your R/D'n?

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all factory loads as i still am not reloading the 32's as of yet.......I was going to order my dies last week but ended up getting a new pair of pants instead...the 511 pants are good but expensive.....but it was a priority thing as my tru-spec pants decided to give up the ghost in a rather sudden and revealing way..

Reactions: PrairieHunt

·
Aim true !
11,305 Posts
Ok cool. Them pants look handy. I just looked them up. They have camo too. Good for hunting. 👍

Reactions: PrairieHunt

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i could probably start a whole new thread on tactical pants about 511, tru-spec, propper, etc......i am rocking 5 different solid colors and color-coordinating my dress shirts as i have given up on jeans and regular pants.....they do not look bad at all for the office, out on the town, and Sundays......great for pocket carry with the snub....not to mention the xtra pockets for about anything.

but at fifty bucks or more a pair.......they had best last a while and look good.....

·
Super Moderator
11,512 Posts
I've always liked those Tru-Specs.

Any day shooting is always a good day!

--Wag--

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i like the tru-spec hidden elastic and of all the tactical pants they have the most elastic waist extension to be "forgiving"....probably an inch more....therefore not a fight to get buttoned and snapped when i need to go to a size larger pants but pride/denial does not want to order a larger size. But my preference is 511 in pocket design......especially that one particular pocket that holds two loaded speed strips up high instead of low with tru spec and the no flap rear pocket design......less accidental velcro exposure therefore less abrasion on the truck cloth seats.

Reactions: Wag

·
Premium Member
2,726 Posts
I really want a .327. Everything else keeps popping up on sale and grabs my attention.

Speaking of loud, I replaced a striker guide earlier in a 9mm, walked out on the porch and test fired it off the end, no ear plugs. WOW that got my attention! I think it was a little hot to begin with but that blast off the side of the house, under that covered porch was loud. My kid was out in the front yard and he even make mention how loud it was for a 9mm.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the 327 is certainly an eye opener......on the range and on paper........

it is more manageable than a 357 in the snub format with good energy figures and offering that sixth shot capability....but the 32 H&R and 32 Long choices really opens up possibilities......especially the older i get.......that is the big draw for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts