National Gun Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
He made a cute joke inside his piece; "9mm. Luger wasn't much in demand but IS now".😄

·
Premium Member
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, we’ve been through everything this guy has stated in the video in at least one thread. It’s not unreasonable that we have a shortage. What gets under my skin is the guy that blames all the “hoarders” that have been building stashes for years.

Now, there are guys panic buying. I won’t argue that. Some shithead came into Scheels a couple weeks ago and bought 20,000 primers, cleaning out the shelves. Now we are limited to 2k at a time. I have no sympathy for his kind, however, the guy that’s been building a stash for years shouldn’t have to deplete his stash because other people all of a sudden realized guns are actually a necessity.

·
Registered
14,038 Posts
Well, we’ve been through everything this guy has stated in the video in at least one thread. It’s not unreasonable that we have a shortage. What gets under my skin is the guy that blames all the “hoarders” that have been building stashes for years.

Now, there are guys panic buying. I won’t argue that. Some shithead came into Scheels a couple weeks ago and bought 20,000 primers, cleaning out the shelves. Now we are limited to 2k at a time. I have no sympathy for his kind, however, the guy that’s been building a stash for years shouldn’t have to deplete his stash because other people all of a sudden realized guns are actually a necessity.
100% agree. It's not the people who what i call "slow hoarding" that are the problem. it's the panic buyers, people who try to buy 1000's of rounds(or supplies) at one time and then of course all the new gun owners that we have acquired in the past year due to covid, civil unrest and political uncertainty that are to blame. These are the same types who try to run out and buy a generator 4 hours after the power went out along with 50 gallons of gas. Also the same types who run out and buy up all the food right before a blizzard or hurricane is about to hit.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Nice video.
I wish he had addressed the pricing issue, though.
Sure "supply and demand", but is it the factory that is pushing the higher prices onto distributers, or is it the distributors and retail places that are gouging?
I was at Wal Mart last week when a guy was loading the ammo cabinet with some Federal high velocity .22LR at $7.33 for 100 rounds.
That does not sound like price gouging to me so from that one look it appears to NOT be the manufacturers at fault for the ridiculous prices.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nice video.
I wish he had addressed the pricing issue, though.
Sure "supply and demand", but is it the factory that is pushing the higher prices onto distributers, or is it the distributors and retail places that are gouging?
I was at Wal Mart last week when a guy was loading the ammo cabinet with some Federal high velocity .22LR at $7.33 for 100 rounds.
That does not sound like price gouging to me so from that one look it appears to NOT be the manufacturers at fault for the ridiculous prices.
I am certain it is not the manufacturers but the middlemen.
Though I dislike Walmart, I must say that they don't raise ammo prices like every one else.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
12,880 Posts
Using the largest retailer in the country as a price barometer is never a good idea.

Walmarts buying power allows them to either lock in or negotiate much lower wholesale pricing than pretty much every other retailer. They are not raising their ammo prices because they are not paying more, or significantly more for it.
In many cases Walmart tells the supplier what they are going to pay not the other way around. They also in some cases lock in market proof purchasing contracts directly with the manufactures.
When you are one of the largest retailers in the country you can do that. Amazon does the same thing.

Other retailers do not not have that buying power. Especially not some local mom and pop gun shop or even a large online retailers like bulk ammo...etc.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Speed; i have been waiting many years to but ammo on Amazon!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Speed; i have been waiting many years to but ammo on Amazon!!!!!!
That’ll never happen. Amazon does not want to be responsible for keeping in compliance with the hundred of gun laws on the books. I can’t blame them. One screwup and it would cost millions in liabilities.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
12,880 Posts
That’ll never happen. Amazon does not want to be responsible for keeping in compliance with the hundred of gun laws on the books. I can’t blame them. One screwup and it would cost millions in liabilities.
Very same reason that you can not buy magazines from Amazon.

·
Aim true !
11,304 Posts
I got a 250 count box of fed 17hmr today for 55.10 with the tax. No personal contact. Curbside pickup.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts