National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody.

I haven't written for a long time but i comeback. I'm french so sorry for my english it's a good
exercise for me.

My question is for a stranger what is a best state for practice shooting.

Thank you in advance and have godd day

· Aim true !
14,170 Posts
Hello im in Pennsylvania USA. We have plenty of gun clubs all over. Im within a close drive to 4 of them. I belong to 2 of them. One has a 300 yard range. Im also in the mountains and there is plenty of places to shoot too.

· Registered
2,632 Posts
A little more information would be helpful. Handgun, rifle, shotgun, all of them, competitions? In Florida we have indoor ranges that are mostly handgun. We have state run ranges that offer a mix with some having clay and bow ranges. We have priviate ranges that also offer a mix. If you interest is long range, there are only a hangful that can go over 300 yrds.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A little more information would be helpful. Handgun, rifle, shotgun, all of them, competitions? In Florida we have indoor ranges that are mostly handgun. We have state run ranges that offer a mix with some having clay and bow ranges. We have priviate ranges that also offer a mix. If you interest is long range, there are only a hangful that can go over 300 yrds.
Thanks for your awser i'm a former gendarme in france (policeman) so i'm attract by the gun.
From the point of view of the law i can go in gun club and ask to shoot?

I go in Pennsylvania this summer for two month. But i have the project to live in the usa in the future

· Registered
8,666 Posts
Thanks for your awser i'm a former gendarme in france (policeman) so i'm attract by the gun.
From the point of view of the law i can go in gun club and ask to shoot?

I go in Pennsylvania this summer for two month. But i have the project to live in the usa in the future
No. Not usually.
They have overhead, insurance and osha type stuff.
Have to fill out paperwork and maybe pay fees

· Super Moderator
15,153 Posts
There are plenty of ranges where you can go and rent guns and shoot. Or bring your own guns and shoot. Many of them are indoor ranges and quite nice. I like the ones I've seen in Phoenix, Arizona. Other nice ones around, too. We have at least a couple here in Albuquerque and some outdoor ranges where you can go, too. Not all of them will rent guns to you but some will.

--Wag--

· Registered
1,856 Posts
Welcome to the NGF. Your English is far better than my French.

If you know somebody who lives in the country, in Florida, you're all set. We all have our own shooting birms, out in the back yard, around here.

· Registered
8,666 Posts
Off my porch
Plant Sky Wood Tree Branch

Straight across, above water level is a road.
Nice and safe to a back stop.
There is another lane North, It will take some development to get it clear as this.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There are plenty of ranges where you can go and rent guns and shoot. Or bring your own guns and shoot. Many of them are indoor ranges and quite nice. I like the ones I've seen in Phoenix, Arizona. Other nice ones around, too. We have at least a couple here in Albuquerque and some outdoor ranges where you can go, too. Not all of them will rent guns to you but some will
Off my porch
View attachment 147195
Straight across, above water level is a road.
Nice and safe to a back stop.
There is another lane North, It will take some development to get it clear as this.
Beautifull

· Super Moderator
16,605 Posts
I am unfamiliar with the laws for firearm possession by foreign nationals. However, legally, a Texas resident or citizen of the US can shoot on private property with the permission of the owner, or at an established gun range. I don't know about renting firearms. I've never done it. Texas is a relatively "Gun Friendly" State.

Best to check the laws wherever you will be wanting to shoot...

Alan

Reactions: Trawin

· Registered
777 Posts
Hello everybody.

I haven't written for a long time but i comeback. I'm french so sorry for my english it's a good
exercise for me.

My question is for a stranger what is a best state for practice shooting.

Thank you in advance and have godd day
These should help.

· Super Moderator
15,153 Posts
@Trawin

If you come to New Mexico, drop me a line on here and I'll pick you up at your hotel and take you shooting. We'll use my guns and you can pay for some ammo.

We have some other cool stuff around here and in Arizona so we'll set you up with map and you can keep yourself entertained in non-shooting times!

--Wag--

· Registered
135 Posts
I'm a relative newcomer to this forum, but the amount of false information given out by members amazes me.

In accordance with ATF rules, a nonimmigrant alien who enters the country legally under a visa is prohibited from possessing a firearm or ammunition unless they have a valid hunting license (from any state in the United States). I'd check online about what the requirements are for non-resident hunting licenses in various states that you might want to go to. You only need a license from one state, not one for each state that you might want to shoot in.

If you enter the U.S. under the Visa Waiver Program, you can possess firearms or ammunition.

In either case, you need a passport, but the Visa Waiver Program allows you to enter with an ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization) rather than a Visa. It looks like an ESTA is faster to get (online in about 30 minutes or less) but it only allows you to travel TO the U.S. and not necessarily be admitted in to the country. It is also more restrictive about where you can travel.

This information was gotten directly from the United States ATF web site
possession-firearms-and-ammunition-aliens-nonimmigrant-visa
nonimmigrant-alien-who-has-been-admitted-united-states-under-nonimmigrant-visa
may-aliens-legally-united-states-purchase-firearms
nonimmigrant-aliens
valid-hunting-license-or-permit-exception-firearms-prohibitions-nonimmigrant-aliens-only

This information was gotten from United States Customs and Immigration web sites
visa-waiver-program/requirements-immigrant-and-nonimmigrant-visas
tourism-visit/visa-waiver-program
Official ESTA Application Website, U.S. Customs and Border Protection
ESTA FAQ

1 - 20 of 24 Posts