National Gun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I do have a milspec charging handle and complete lower AR springs. If anybody needs any of them, I'll send it to them for free. Just send me a message and let me know if you need any of these for an AR.

There are some other parts also. I have an extra dust cover with skull laser engraving.

I'd recommend that we use a "Does Anybody Have?" sticky so that people can ask there for AR parts. Parts for old guns need to be handled in a different forum topic - a "Where can I find this part" topic.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Currently I think I only have the lower springs and the dust cover assembly. It generally costs as much to get the the pins and detents as it does a stripped lower parts kit. The stripped lower parts kit from Red Barn Armory is $24 without a trigger assembly, safety and pistol grip.

The dust cover assembly is only useful if you buy a stripped upper receiver. The only parts that get installed in an upper receiver are the dust cover assembly and the forward assist. If you get a stripped upper receiver and want the dust cover, let me know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am going to do a full build so anything that you have I will take just to save some money and put more into the important parts. I really appreciate it!! Its hard building an AR on a budget as I am finding out hahah

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am going to do a full build so anything that you have I will take just to save some money and put more into the important parts. I really appreciate it!! Its hard building an AR on a budget as I am finding out hahah
I know it's not easy on a tight budget. I built my first one for $506.62 and that included 4 new P-mags and 2 Israeli military surplus mags.

Here's a pic of it and what isn't in the pic is the sling that is also in my final build cost. If you PM me with your e-mail address, I'll send you the Excel spreadsheet I made while building it. I'll need your address too for sending what I have for you.

I also know where some of the best places are to get parts at an inexpensive cost. You will need an upper vice bloc. You won't need a lower vice block or a barrel block. You will need to have or have access to a reasonably decent bench vice and you will need an armorers wrench. Other than those tools, you can make do fine without going overboard on tools.

Start by getting your stripped lower receiver. I won't send parts until you have it. The lower receiver has to be transferred to you through a FFL gun shop.

Here's the
one I built for my $500 budget and it took me a year and a half to afford the parts. I started it just before the Sandy Hook shooting, then parts went to idiotic prices.

Firearm Gun Trigger Rifle Assault rifle

The but stock kit and the stripped upper receiver for this rifle were given to me by on-line friends. Everything in the pic, plus the 5 additional mags and the sling came in at exactly the $506.62

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.