National Gun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Black Widow? Do you carry one? Its an interesting option in magnum cal. Makes those beauitiful blue smoke rings with the cci "V" ammo.

· Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They may not have much stopping power but you will have to admitt that they are cute!!

· Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gunny the Gun said:
sig232 said:
They may not have much stopping power but you will have to admitt that they are cute!!
Cute and self defence do not belong in the same sentence together ;)
Amen!

· Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Baldy said:
Gunny the Gun said:
sig232 said:
Cute and self defence do not belong in the same sentence together ;)
I am with the Gunny on this. Cute and fun if all you are killing is tree rats. Defense with a .22 will just get you killed.

But of course as an avid gunner you must know that a large number of folks have been killed over the last 100 years with the little 22 cal. All about shot placement! A 22 head shot is lethal!

Probably more deer have been shot and killed with the 22 cal than any other cal. :lol:

· Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gunny the Gun said:
sig232 said:
Baldy said:
But of course as an avid gunner you must know that a large number of folks have been killed over the last 100 years with the little 22 cal. All about shot placement! A 22 head shot is lethal!
But would you trust the lil .22 to stop a raging crackhead charging at you from 5 feet away? You do not always have time to get a bead and place the shot accurately, you have to use the cowboy move and shoot from the hip right out of the holster. And for that I want power :---

Yep, that is why I personaly use the 380 as a min cal and the 45 for other times when I know I am going to wander into a questionable territory.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.