National Gun Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Black Widow? Do you carry one? Its an interesting option in magnum cal. Makes those beauitiful blue smoke rings with the cci "V" ammo.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Only way I would carry a 22 would be if I had good shot placement. EVERYTIME. If not, then NO WAY!

Its not a carry caliber in my mind.

.32 is really cutting it close. .38 and above is where I stand on defence weapons.

G

·
I don't normally carry a .22 away from home but here in south GA where the heat index hits 110+ on a regular basis you sometimes wear some WalMart shorts and a T shirt. When you got two little pockets in front and an elastic waist band it's hard to carry anything heavy. Below is my NAA mini in .22mag and a holster by GURU.
Guru's philosophy is "I'd rather have a .22 in my pocket than a .357 back in my truck."

G

·
whompuss said:
I don't normally carry a .22 away from home but here in south GA where the heat index hits 110+ on a regular basis you sometimes wear some WalMart shorts and a T shirt. When you got two little pockets in front and an elastic waist band it's hard to carry anything heavy. Below is my NAA mini in .22mag and a holster by GURU.
Guru's philosophy is "I'd rather have a .22 in my pocket than a .357 back in my truck."

Makes sense to me.....

I'm not sure if I would carry one, but I do keep a .22 semi-auto stashed in a secret spot in the house(several guns are stashed).
Figured it might come in handy one day.....

+1 to: "I'd rather have a .22 in my pocket than a .357 back in my truck."

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They may not have much stopping power but you will have to admitt that they are cute!!

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gunny the Gun said:
sig232 said:
They may not have much stopping power but you will have to admitt that they are cute!!
Cute and self defence do not belong in the same sentence together ;)
Amen!

·
Registered
341 Posts
SpringfieldXD.40 said:
Makes sense to me.....

I'm not sure if I would carry one, but I do keep a .22 semi-auto stashed in a secret spot in the house(several guns are stashed).

Just be sure they are hidden well. You wouldn't want to have an intruder find one and fight you with your own guns. ;)

As far as a .22 for home defense; I wouldn't have a problem using one of these. :D I would mount it in a second story window. ;)

-Derek

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
G

·
xjedix said:
SpringfieldXD.40 said:
Makes sense to me.....

Just be sure they are hidden well. You wouldn't want to have an intruder find one and fight you with your own guns. ;)

As far as a .22 for home defense; I wouldn't have a problem using one of these. :D I would mount it in a second story window. ;)

-Derek
Yeah, they everything is definitely well hidden...no worries there... ;)

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Baldy said:
Gunny the Gun said:
sig232 said:
Cute and self defence do not belong in the same sentence together ;)
I am with the Gunny on this. Cute and fun if all you are killing is tree rats. Defense with a .22 will just get you killed.

But of course as an avid gunner you must know that a large number of folks have been killed over the last 100 years with the little 22 cal. All about shot placement! A 22 head shot is lethal!

Probably more deer have been shot and killed with the 22 cal than any other cal. :lol:

G

·
sig232 said:
But of course as an avid gunner you must know that a large number of folks have been killed over the last 100 years with the little 22 cal. All about shot placement! A 22 head shot is lethal!
But would you trust the lil .22 to stop a raging crackhead charging at you from 5 feet away? You do not always have time to get a bead and place the shot accurately, you have to use the cowboy move and shoot from the hip right out of the holster. And for that I want power :---

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gunny the Gun said:
sig232 said:
Baldy said:
But would you trust the lil .22 to stop a raging crackhead charging at you from 5 feet away? You do not always have time to get a bead and place the shot accurately, you have to use the cowboy move and shoot from the hip right out of the holster. And for that I want power :---

Yep, that is why I personaly use the 380 as a min cal and the 45 for other times when I know I am going to wander into a questionable territory.

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
I don't know how that got turned around but I didn't write that about the .22 Gunny. I would never buy a .22 for protection. I seen the results of a women who was shot 5 times in the face with a .22 and lived to talk about it. Yes she was disfigured but she lived. The .22 has been knowned to bounce off peoples skulls and not penatrate. Yep over the last 100yrs a lot of folks have been killed with a .22 and there's been alot killed with knifes too. A .22 head shot is not always lethal,bloody for sure.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

G

·
Baldy said:
I don't know how that got turned around but I didn't write that about the .22 Gunny. I would never buy a .22 for protection. I seen the results of a women who was shot 5 times in the face with a .22 and lived to talk about it. Yes she was disfigured but she lived. The .22 has been knowned to bounce off peoples skulls and not penatrate. Yep over the last 100yrs a lot of folks have been killed with a .22 and there's been alot killed with knifes too. A .22 head shot is not always lethal,bloody for sure.
Sorry baldy, forgot to erase your name on the quote. {edited per mistake} My bad :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts