Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
US Cartridge Cleanbarrel Remanufactured 9mm 115 gr Bronze TPJ

·
Banned
1,377 Posts
Viper is an army contractor. The 9mm (luger) they produce are loaded with full automatic military guns in mind. (Example:UZI) Most military guns have very heavy and stiff receivers and springs. A military round is designed around these facts. The primers are a little thicker comparing to these used in civilian ammo. Viper uses powders on Cordite basis in their loads. This gives the explosives an extra kick needed in full automatic weapons. Cordite is loaded in handgrenades and other artillery rounds as well. Burning Cordite smells sweet Honey like and after shooting you can taste it on your tongue. Cordite residue is a very fine dust with the same smell: burned sucker! Its better not shooting this type of ammo in non military sport (Civilian) pistols. It explains the flyers you mentioned! Military type guns burn their powder in the chamber and barrels economaly and less powder is burned after at the mouth of the barrel. Civilian guns blow more unburned powder out of the barrel mouth. This afterburn and outside expanding gas is the course of the occuring flyers As dealers orders can ride along together with bulk army contracts they profit from the lower prices. This is attractive and in that way military Vipers are dumped on the civillian market. Now you know! So take care. Read your factory specs 9MM reloads

INTERESTING TO READ ==>

INTERESTING TO READ ==> (Video too)

INTERESTING TO READ ==>

viper.png

Have a good cigar and regards
As-salāmu ʿalaykum

ARMARIN

·
Registered
14,892 Posts
Like popeye said it's re-manufactured ammo. The bullets probably look too small because they are cast bullets that have lube rings which makes the base part of the bullet bigger so when the nose sticks out it appears smaller. I'm guessing it's a LEE or similar design bullet. I'll post a pic of one but i don't have a regular bullet to show in comparison so i put a cast .45 next to it that has lube grooves. The side of the .45 is flat with recesses while the 9mm has rings that stick out. If you smell a weird chemical type smell it's probably Hi-Tek coating, that color looks like one of the shades they use. Oh and 9mm luger IS a tapered round. It's considered a straight wall cartridge but it does have a slight taper as the case goes up and depending on the type of bullet used it's more noticeable or not.

20190923_053322[1].jpg

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts