National Gun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have applied for my CWP(CCP and etc.) and have a Springfield XD .45(home defense) which my wife and I love. However, I think that it is too big for CC since I am a smaller framed guy. I am thinking that a small 9 mm for personal defense will be just right for this purpose. So far, I have looked at:

Kahr PM 9
Berreta Cheetah
Kel Tec PF 9
Para LDA Carry 9
Walther PPS 9

I'd like some feedback on these pistols. If there are others, I am open to suggestions. At this point, I am not in a hurry since there is a 90 day wait period. Many thanks!

G

·
love the para lda and the kahr is a good choice too.

look at the kahr cw9

and as always practice with what you carry

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Suggest that you take a look at the Sig232, its a fine first class pistol that is quite a shooter. Light weight and very accurate.

The Kel-tec 9mm is a good choice also.

Do to the nature of my work and dress I have moved down to a Kel-tec P3AT in 380 cal. Its feather light, fits right in the front pocket and its very hard to see in the right holster. You don't even know its there and it will shoot well for defense at short distances.

G

·
Hubs said:
Kahr PM 9
Berreta Cheetah
Kel Tec PF 9
Para LDA Carry 9
Walther PPS 9
kahr PM9- Pros-Great pistol, light weight, accurate, efficient-cons- cost
Berreta Cheetah- Good pistol, decent accuracy-cons- kind of bulky
Kel Tec PF 9- good pistol, lightweight, decent accuracy-cons- hard slide, heavy mag release.
Walther PPS 9- some like them, some hate them. Love, hate relationship

G

·
I carry a glock 17 most of the time.I just bought a 26 and carry that same of the time as I prefer the 17.
Some will say it too big but I say to each their own.

G

·
Well, you already familiar with the XD so how about the XD-9 Sub-Compact. That is what I CCW with. My first XD was the XD-9 Service. I liked it so much I had to try the SC and in my book it shoots as good as the Service does.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts