National Gun Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know more about these things,(I know these exist too-Lee!!) anyone got anything :?:
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Black Friday is just another day, so is the number 666, Walking under a ladder isn't bad luck, just stupid- you'll get a can of paint dropped on your head. Yadda, yadda, yadda.
My best friend got married on Friday 13th, been married to the wonderful gal 52 years now.
I own a black cat, sweetest cat ever. Sleeps with me and momma.
Me superstitious? Nah.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dont walk around your cat counterclock wise under a full moon :D !N.E way any thing on the 8/ga shotshell?
 

·
Big Honkin' Daddy
Joined
·
1,247 Posts
I never shot anything bigger than a 10 ga, but I can bet you wouldn't want to shoot an 8 ga from a rocking chair at the edge of the porch. :lol:
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL! :D thats what I recon to! but I know they exist,just dont know if there blackpowder or Cord?lil help :?:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
818 Posts
I wouldn't mind shooting an old school black powder punt gun. Of course they aren't meant to be shoulder fired. They are usually mounted to a boat.

 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maser said:
I wouldn't mind shooting an old school black powder punt gun. Of course they aren't meant to be shoulder fired. They are usually mounted to a boat.

Mas thats :cool: dude, but where was that photo talkin :?: ,enlighten Me.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
818 Posts
Ummm, that's not me. I got plenty of years to go before I look like that. I don't know where that pic was taken. I just did a Google Image Search on "punt gun" and that pic popped up.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hi i remember reading in an old field and stream mag. about these guns. you are quite correct in that they were mounted on punts, sometimes with a system of some sort that fired 3 or 4 barrels at once. i seem to recall that they were used around the chesepeake bay area and other areas in the market hunting days. i've also seen photos in outdoor life some time ago about some english guy who built these things!! in a 4 ga. and a 1 ga. ouch!!!can you imagine what a box of bismuth would cost for these. pblsyd
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
pblsyd said:
hi i remember reading in an old field and stream mag. about these guns. you are quite correct in that they were mounted on punts, sometimes with a system of some sort that fired 3 or 4 barrels at once. i seem to recall that they were used around the chesepeake bay area and other areas in the market hunting days. i've also seen photos in outdoor life some time ago about some english guy who built these things!! in a 4 ga. and a 1 ga. ouch!!!can you imagine what a box of bismuth would cost for these. pblsyd
Had to be a Brit :!: , But 4ga&1ga,pblsyd :lol: what kind of nutter would want to...Wait your turn Im next :!: ;)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
818 Posts
You know, there were also some punt guns in the form of ground mortars and they sometimes were not even numbered gauges. Biggest one I heard of was an A gauge and that was a 2" bore diameter!! :shock:
 

·
Harley Dude
Joined
·
14,651 Posts
Gunny the Gun said:
Success!! ;) found it! (not real :( )


Thats funny! :lol:
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Maser said:
You know, there were also some punt guns in the form of ground mortars and they sometimes were not even numbered gauges. Biggest one I heard of was an A gauge and that was a 2" bore diameter!! :shock:
Yeah Mas,I think they call it a concusion grenade :!: ;)
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top