National Gun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
957 Posts
I have been using Wilson's 8 and 10 rounders for several years. No problems. Got a few CM mags that came with my pistols, no problems with those either, but the Wilson mags are eisier to work with. You gotta handle them to know what Im talking about. I bought some off brand mags when I was new to it and they sucked, stay away froms anything less than a good brand. Just buy 1 Wilson mag and you'll see what I mean. :)

· Registered
957 Posts
I'm thinking 8 rounders have only been around since the late '70s. I read in some old books that make me think that. My guess is that some of the "old timers" gun writers were hesitant to change. I think the extra round got squeezed in there due to a follower design change. Now, maybe if you leave your mags loaded all the time, a seven rounder will not stress the spring like an 8 will. I keep 2 8's and 1 10 rounder loaded all the time and only cycle them out every 6 months or so. Havent put new springs in any of them that Ive owned for several years now. When they get dirty, I talk 'em to work and blow them out with compressed air, and lubricate with a little powdered graphite...no oils.

· Registered
957 Posts
Well, Lee, I had to go back and look. A few days ago you were looking for Wilson's. I do have some ChipMc mags too. They work also, not sure if there "powermags" or not. But the followers fell kinda "funny", yes they do work, to me the wilsons feel smoother when loading and I figure that would translate to unloading too. Im not talking about the spring tension, its something with the follower and the way it pushes the cartridge up to the lips.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.