1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
21,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Aim true !
9,489 Posts
My neighbor has some Harbor freight ones. But the stickers are painted over. He gets over spray on them. My son was using a pair working on his car. It feel on him while he was removing the oil pan. Thank god my sons thin. It did not crush him, But he also couldn't get out from under the car either,

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
I bought some years ago. I had an extensive discussion with this guy about them. He said he wouldn't trust them they may collapse somehow. I said it was just steel holding something up. He's going to like the update. I was talking to him yesterday about a possible covid19 vaccine and he said he wouldn't get it but that's another topic.

I don't do a lot of auto work but have used them few times over the years, maybe 6-7 yrs. I may have a good pair, made early before the tool got worn. I recently used them to change the starter on my truck. I always shake the car to test before I get under the car. I try to have some backup support too. Maybe I've been lucky and shouldn't temp fate. A safety device is useless if not dependable.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
I’ve never been a big fan of there tools.
They're great for an extra set or to keep somewhere just in case but not as your primary set if you do a lot of work. I usually keep a socket set in the trunk of my vehicles. Some of their prices amaze me. I have a set of ratcheting compact wrenches I really love. Now that I'm thinking about it I'll buy another set or two. I lose tools and have some at work that if I lose I'll get over it a lot quicker than losing a snap on. Speaking of snap on a guy at work showed me his 1/4" snap on ratchet that was stripped.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Thanks for the head's up MS.

Whenever I hear the words, Harbor Freight, I only think of great criterion craftsmanship and top of the line quality.

NOT!

·
Registered
7,825 Posts
And you'd be right. I don't think ANYTHING they sell isn't made in China

·
"You talkin to me?"
4,156 Posts
Horrible Freight is more like it

·
Registered
7,825 Posts
So is the pet store or Chewy

·
Registered
155 Posts
It’s a place where you buy once and toss.

However a few things have lasted:

Ultrasonic cleaner
Welding helmet
Torque wrench
Rubber mallet

They’re a good source of nitrile gloves. I use those when cleaning my guns.

I just bought a welding table. The parts weren’t completely there. I got another bag from the store. It worked out better than I thought it would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
5,071 Posts
I’ve bought a few seldom used tools from them. I like their paint brushes because I toss them after the first use. My roofer got a 25 gal compressor to run his roofing guns. He got the extended no questions asked warranty too. Now every spring he returns the beat up one and for $80 he runs a brand new one for the year. At the end of a year of 6 days a week roofing, that thing is beat.

·
Registered
18,231 Posts
I made a visit to the Mexican town of Algadonas, across from Yuma, AZ. back in 1998. Walking thru the merchandise displays of "everything", I came to the realization that at least half or more of the products being sold in Mexico came from China!

As "they" say, "Go figure! Who knew!"

·
Registered
62 Posts
Bought a 3/4 drive socket set that has lasted ok but they don’t see a lot of use, the ratchet that came with the set is broke but the breaker bar is still usable!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts