National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Big Gun Enthusiast
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Come talk about the ultimate side arm. Just revolvers, just 44's, just 44 mag revolvers. Post pics, comments, info, use of these beasts, ect.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I'm fond of the .44mag myself, I have a 4" nickel 29 and a Super Blackhawk.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Ruger SBH. The standard by which all others are judged.................. :i:

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
I have the Dirty Harry M-29 with all the goodies that came with it. It pumps out them 240gr pills very accurately. I like mine a bunch. :i: :i:
:D

·
Big Gun Enthusiast
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah sorry guys, I got a Smith and Wesson 629 Classic with and 8" barrel. Like Baldy I shoot the 240 gr.'s.... tryin to get a pic on here but I can't find my camera!!! Im looking for it now but a pic is on the way.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Baldy said:
I have the Dirty Harry M-29 with all the goodies that came with it. It pumps out them 240gr pills very accurately. I like mine a bunch. :i: :i:

I like it a bunch too Baldy.

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
Yeah I like 44s. Here is a thumb of the ones I have right now. Always wanting more though. Sorry that the pic isn't the best.

Attachments

·
Big Gun Enthusiast
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Well, this was the first thread I posted at the beloved NGF, and I FINALLY have some pictures. (also found in my thread in "Gun Realted Pictures")..... oh and sorry about the quality, had to do the cell phone ting because my awesome hight tech digital camera didn't feel like working with the computer, like it's supposed to... anyways, enjoy! and fell free to reply.

Attachments

·
Big Gun Enthusiast
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I like 44s. Here is a thumb of the ones I have right now. Always wanting more though. Sorry that the pic isn't the best.

I like that Black Hawk. Is the Taurus ported? I can't be sure if it is or if thats just the rib, either way its beautiful.

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
This is all I have to offer in 44 mag for now....S&W PC 629 Hunter

·
Big Gun Enthusiast
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MAN! thats a bute! It's quality not quantity man, I only have one, but I'll take it over any other and thats what matters. And thats nice how with the perfomance center model you can leave the rear sight intact, I had to remove mine to mount the rail, but I cant always put it back. Anyways, great gun/cannon.

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
With low rings it hit the sight, so I used med rings. I also sighted the iron sights before I mounted the scope. I always do this with rifles, in case there is scope damage while hunting, you can remove the scope and continue.

A model 29 classic is in the near future

·
Big Gun Enthusiast
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
With low rings it hit the sight, so I used med rings. I also sighted the iron sights before I mounted the scope. I always do this with rifles, in case there is scope damage while hunting, you can remove the scope and continue.

A model 29 classic is in the near future
yeah thats nice with the iron sights being sighted aswell as the scope. Those model 29's are pricy, but they are the origional, and a great gun all around, just like all the Smiths.

·
Registered
9,382 Posts
This is my only 44 mag, Used to have a Model 29, somehow came up missing when I returned from Germany. Somehow, they lost a lot of stuff including a camera, stereo, and a car.

Attachments

·
Big Gun Enthusiast
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is my only 44 mag, Used to have a Model 29, somehow came up missing when I returned from Germany. Somehow, they lost a lot of stuff including a camera, stereo, and a car.

Man thats a beauty, sucks major ass to hear about the Mod 29, I'm tuly sorry man.

G

·
Here's a blast from the past. It's a 10" Ruger flattop .44 magnum that was made in 1959. Only about 1000 of this barrel length were made.

G

·
Talking my language

My favorite caliber is the .44 spl. However, the .44 Mag, it goes without saying, always warrants room in the safe and time in the field. I have few, my favorite is my SW Mt. Gun.

Attachments

G

·
I, too, have an 8 3/8" 629 with a crossdraw holster. It's my back-up gun when I hunt with the 45-70 govn't hand-cannon.

·
Big Gun Enthusiast
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I, too, have an 8 3/8" 629 with a crossdraw holster. It's my back-up gun when I hunt with the 45-70 govn't hand-cannon.

Nice!, more info on that 45-70? pics?:13:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts