900 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Not sure if old enough for this area but here it is
I spotted it for $60 But since its from NY
This gun shop charges $55 for a transfer to PA $15 shipping
naturally $35 transfer at FFL PA gun shop
The value is what I am willing to pay & I just wanted it
------------------
There were some other deals I wanted but he would not combine multi gun purchase to one transfer document
( I believe 3 can be sold ) unless some one here can correct me
Gun shop said to much extra documentation to use one transfer for 3 separate sales

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I see these from time to time on auction sites. Typical auction value is $100-200. There are a few different models but the one you pictured is a DD and is rated for 45/410.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Just a quick note, THOSE GUN PRICES ARE AWOMSE! Where ever you live, I wish I was there. You would break down in tears if you saw the price of similar pistols here where I am.

·
I am a fellow Citizen
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a quick note, THOSE GUN PRICES ARE AWOMSE! Where ever you live, I wish I was there. You would break down in tears if you saw the price of similar pistols here where I am.
Yes the prices are fine , I have wonder of the future & plans and attempts by presidential ( executive action )
some states will bow yes King , some will not . These prices may be the last of good deals
The shop has a 38SW break with 30 rounds $150

·
I am a fellow Citizen
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's an article talking about the long and short of the so-called 45 LC (long Colt). Of course, it's simply 45 Colt.

So if I understand I should not use my Long colt 45ammo I use in my black hawk ??

·
Registered
14,079 Posts
I would save your money.

·
AZHerper
4,126 Posts
So if I understand I should not use my Long colt 45ammo I use in my black hawk ??
Did you actually read the article? Long Colt (LC) ammo doesn't exist! And...of course you can use 45 Colt ammo in your Blackhawk. The Blackhawks are one of the strongest guns ever made.

·
I am a fellow Citizen
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you actually read the article? Long Colt (LC) ammo doesn't exist! And...of course you can use 45 Colt ammo in your Blackhawk. The Blackhawks are one of the strongest guns ever made.
I read it but took some time to digest it / particular when a picture such as this is seen
As to my Black Hawk , it's my favorite
every thing I have is a layaway purchase
Lately a box of ammo has such cost it actually is a stiff percent of my original
purchase price of Gun
I paid $365 But that was 2016 value is better I figure
A box of 45 is $59 geez

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
View attachment 121537 I read it but took some time to digest it / particular when a picture such as this is seen
As to my Black Hawk , it's my favorite
every thing I have is a layaway purchase
Lately a box of ammo has such cost it actually is a stiff percent of my original
purchase price of Gun
I paid $365 But that was 2016 value is better I figure
A box of 45 is $59 geez
While it’s good information to know the history of the 45 Colt, manufacturers of modern ammo use Colt and Long Colt interchangeably on the packaging, they are the same thing. I don’t know of a manufacturer that makes a short version of the 45 Colt today.

If I had to take a stab at it, I’d guess that the military requested the short version of the 45 Colt for interoperability in the Schofields they had in use. Ive read it was a problem at one point where 45 Colt ammo would be delivered to soldiers who had Schofields and since the ammo was longer than the gun could chamber, they couldn’t use it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts