National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
red-rider said:
my guess would be target shooting our.....HAHA...penis enlargement...
Im Trippin over it as it is RED! What would U say if U had One and U could chose Between A Carcase,Or A target...What Would U choose :?:

· Registered
957 Posts
I dont really have a need for one. I do think if you want one the go ahead and get it. I have not heard of any crimes being committed with a .50 cal. I read an article in American rifleman, I think, a while back about people who hunt with them. Litterally shooting from one mountian to another! Very serious people.

· Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Hunters use the 50 cal all the time to hunt deer, elk, bear and moose! Blackpowder season sees a lot of rifles in that cal.

Rifles such as the 45-70, 450 marlin, 444 marlin, are used all the time for Elk, Bear and Moose in North America. The older 40 cals such as 41 mag, 44 mag and even 44-40 can be used for deer at a reasonable range. The rifles that use pistol cals are the only rifles that you can use to hunt deer in certain populated areas of the midwest.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sig232 said:
Hunters use the 50 cal all the time to hunt deer, elk, bear and moose! Blackpowder season sees a lot of rifles in that cal.

Rifles such as the 45-70, 450 marlin, 444 marlin, are used all the time for Elk, Bear and Moose in North America. The older 40 cals such as 41 mag, 44 mag and even 44-40 can be used for deer at a reasonable range. The rifles that use pistol cals are the only rifles that you can use to hunt deer in certain populated areas of the midwest.
Thats true "sig" B/P is popular in large cal. big differnce to that and cord though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the .50 cal. is used ,up here in the frozen north for muzzel loader hunting. mainly deer since we have a special week long season for that. the ruger .44 mag. is used for deer hunting somewhat but is mainly a short range bush gun. it's easy to carry,very light. a lot of moose hunters up here are going to the .300 win.mags and such because of their range and flatter trjectory. now if you want more recoil, the .416 rigby is sweet or go on up to .458 win. mag. wearing a tee shirt. ouch.there seems to be a bit of a deal now with some guys for the marlin .444 for deer and bear. why i don't know, because any of the .30 cal.s will do the job , even on moose. i think a lot of these guys are just looking for an excuse to buy a new gun, just like the rest of us. ouch ,my wife just hit me with a rolled up newspaper.some of the guys tell their wives that every new gun they bring home costs $200.00. man if the women ever tumble on to that we're all in trouble. pblsyd p.s. my wife went to the kitchen before i typed that last part.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
pblsyd said:
the .50 cal. is used ,up here in the frozen north for muzzel loader hunting. mainly deer since we have a special week long season for that. the ruger .44 mag. is used for deer hunting somewhat but is mainly a short range bush gun. it's easy to carry,very light. a lot of moose hunters up here are going to the .300 win.mags and such because of their range and flatter trjectory. now if you want more recoil, the .416 rigby is sweet or go on up to .458 win. mag. wearing a tee shirt. ouch.there seems to be a bit of a deal now with some guys for the marlin .444 for deer and bear. why i don't know, because any of the .30 cal.s will do the job , even on moose. i think a lot of these guys are just looking for an excuse to buy a new gun, just like the rest of us. ouch ,my wife just hit me with a rolled up newspaper.some of the guys tell their wives that every new gun they bring home costs $200.00. man if the women ever tumble on to that we're all in trouble. pblsyd p.s. my wife went to the kitchen before i typed that last part.
It was probably a rolled up Gunmag!!!!! ;) (Look Out) :!: :lol:

· Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
pblsyd said:
..... i think a lot of these guys are just looking for an excuse to buy a new gun, just like the rest of us. ouch ,my wife just hit me with a rolled up newspaper.some of the guys tell their wives that every new gun they bring home costs $200.00. man if the women ever tumble on to that we're all in trouble. pblsyd p.s. my wife went to the kitchen before i typed that last part.

Yeah, and those awesome shoes we wear are only $50 bucks :twisted:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
as a matter of fact your right SheNine, she did say her last pair of shoes cost $50.00. hey guys don't look now, but i think they're on to us. ahhhh,maybe they've been on to us for a while.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hey exxit i've been reading the signs great. well er i think so.she and i are the worlds greatest kidders. we have a blast. 4 granddaughters ,4 dogs, good food and great shooting. that being said i'm still waiting for faith hill to call! well maybe shania twain. my wife is laughing, she says they will call after mel gibson calls her. in her dreams. have a great day exxit. g'day mate.pblsyd

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.