National Gun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this video is just hilarious.

[video=metacafe;547250/4_gauge_home_made_gun_being_test_fired/]http://www.metacafe.com/watch/547250/4_gauge_home_made_gun_being_test_fired/[/video]

·
Big Honkin' Daddy
1,247 Posts
What's the point? I think there's a reason they don't make those and I think we just saw why.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
That is a front stuffer shot gun. You use to be able to buy those as a kit. Being black powder, it is legal. I agree, unless you planing to shoot flying Rhinoceroses (or is the Rhinosauri?), I can see much good with that. But it does look like fun. Once.

·
Banned
818 Posts
I'm a bit curious about something. Seeing as it's a muzzleloader, would it still be classed as an NFA item if you wanted to SBS that bad boy? Not that I would want to, but it sure would make a nice conversation piece.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I'm a bit curious about something. Seeing as it's a muzzleloader, would it still be classed as an NFA item if you wanted to SBS that bad boy? Not that I would want to, but it sure would make a nice conversation piece.

Someone correct me. I do not think the fact that it is black powder has much to do with the barrel length requirement. If that is what you want, cut ithe barrels down to 18.5 inches and you will still be legal.

·
Banned
818 Posts
Someone correct me. I do not think the fact that it is black powder has much to do with the barrel length requirement. If that is what you want, cut ithe barrels down to 18.5 inches and you will still be legal.

Well, I once asked a question at another gun forum about putting a stock on a cap & ball revolver and asking if it would be legal and I was told that black powder firearms are considered "antique firearms" and are not subject to NFA laws.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
You are correct, antique firearms are not regulated. I have seen guys who have built black powder cannons and bowling ball motars without a flit from the ATF.

If you google around, you will even find a guy who uses a civil war replica canon loaded with canister shot to hunt deer. (just a hint, messy, very messy)

·
Premium Member
1,029 Posts
Old fashion 4 Gauge barrel: 50 dollars

Denture Wash: 2.50

Medical bill for Collar Bone repair: 2,500

Getting knocked on your ass by a homemade shotgun: Priceless

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
I thought the video was rather interesting..... Do I think there dangerous? Of course, but if they are kept in law abiding citizens hands, then its not a problem.

·
love the UK envy the US
785 Posts
it's certainly interesting dangerous yes but in the wrong hands what gun or car isnt .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts