Anybody have a load for the 38 Super that you like :?:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Out of a Colt Special Combat 38 Super, 1911 style:

115 gr Remington HP- 6.9 grs Unique- COL 1.255
115 gr Remington HP- 8.5 grs HS-6- COL 1.255
124 gr Remington Golden Sabre- 8.3 grs HS-6- COL 1.255

All have Federal Gold Metal #200 primers in Remington +p cases. All loads shoot under an inch at 25 yds from bags for five shot groups. I haven't run any of these across a chronograph so speed is an unknown. I prefer the HS-6 powder to the Unique. It meters very good and has less felt recoil. The pistol is far cleaner using the HS-6 even after several hundred rounds. The Golden Sabre is a major carry/defense load and a recovered bullet from sand at 25 yds looks just like a Black Talon. Supposedly, the GS bullet has more speed than a normal bullet of the same weight because of the power ring reducing bearing surface on the barrel. Again, I don't know this to be real as I haven't run them thru the screens yet. I am a fan of the Golden Sabre bullets and recommend them if you are looking at different bullets.

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank's Trapper. I'm looking at all kind of things for this pistol, as far as reloading goes. I bought some Zero 135gr FMJ's from Powder Valleythe other day, they were out of most of the other sizes. I've found a few loads for the 135's, & will try some out his weekend.

G

·
Kansas,
I load the following:
125 gr round nose Masterblaster bullet
4.7 gr Universal Clays
Win small pistol primer
OAL-1.230

It's averaging 1150 fps out of my RIA. The load is accurate and soft shooting.

Have fun,
Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts