National Gun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a new RIA 1911 in 38 Super today. How should I fed it? Any of you guy's or gal's reload 38 Supers?

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I have not tried the 38 super. But I do reload the 356TSW which is one of the hottest little similar size rounds around. I use the 9mm dies and follow spec that were passed on to me by individuals that shot that round in competition years ago.

Follow the Lyman manual and check out the others too of the best loads. Lyman will always give you the accruacy loads and the hot loads! I think you will find it an easy round to reload.

Should be similar to the 9mm too and thats an easy one to load. I use the Dillon 550 and have all the dies preset for each cartridge.

Dillon lists the three die sets for $57.

Let me know how you come out!

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank's sig. I have two 550 Dillons that I use to reload with. I'll order a Delux Conversion Kit for the 38 Super round on Monday. I like having everything set & just changing the tool head. I have a couple of loads in mind, but I like to hear what other's use.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Here's what shoots in my Colt Special Combat:

6.9 grs Unique- 115 Remington HP COL-1.255 HOT load, work up to this one

8.5 grs HS-6 Same as above

8.3 grs HS-6- 124 gr Remington Golden Sabre COL 1.255 HOT load, work up to this

All of the above loads will shoot under an inch at 25 yds from bags out of this gun. My brothers Witness also like the loads for the 115 Rem but I haven't had the time to try the GS in his gun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts