National Gun Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

BETHESDA, MD–In a groundbreaking new study on the effects of stressful everyday events on the addiction patterns of average Americans, the National Institutes of Health found this week that upwards of 30 percent of those who quit smoking will relapse by raising a cigarette to their lips with trembling fingers as they agree to turn state’s evidence in a major federal case.

“While more than half of all current tobacco users across the country attempt to kick their nicotine addiction, nearly a third wind up accepting a cigarette from a hard pack of Marlboros held out by an undercover cop, lighting it up with the officer’s Zippo after finding ther tremor-ridden hands incapable of lighting a match, and then spilling everything about their involvement in a major criminal conspiracy,” said lead researcher Dr. Evan Stuss, explaining that the strongest indicator of an incipient relapse are repeated denials that this could possibly be happening before inevitably letting a detective’s cupped hands block the wind on the rain-swept promontory while the cigarette in question is lit.

“Most addicts are successful in staving off cravings for a few hours, but once an implacable investigative team offers them immunity from prosecution and points out that they can’t be protected from the wrath of the shady investment bank, international criminal consortium, or Esposito if they don’t testify, fully a third of Americans tend to light up.”

The study also revealed that 50 percent of former smokers either remain indecisive at this time and are being allowed to stew in their own juices for now while another 15 percent have firmly stated that they may be a lot of things, but they ain’t no narcs.

https://www.theonion.com/study-30-of-people-who-quit-smoking-relapse-after-sha-1831992601?utm_source=TheOnion_Daily_RSS&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=&utm_term=

·
Aim true !
9,489 Posts
I stopped smoking by vaping. I love the fruit flavors of vape. I can hike up hills and walk long distances without running out of breath now. My heart doc said it's better than me smoking too. As well as my G.P. And they said there is no scientific evidence of the ''pop corn'' lung. My lungs are very clear and my 02 levels are at 98-100%. When i smoked it was around 95%. Never was a heavy smoker. I do enjoy i cigar now and then sitting at the camp fire and fishing.

·
Super Moderator
10,963 Posts
I quit smoking cold turkey when I was diagnosed Type II diabetic. The doc said that the diabetes was a pretty bad shot on the cardiovascular system, no need to drop another bomb on it by smoking.

I do, occasionally have a cigar. Sometimes with an interval as long as six months in between. Aside from that, no smoking.

--Wag--

·
Super Moderator
14,148 Posts
OK.........fine...........great. But have any of you birdz ever turned "states evidence"?
...............crickets................

Alan

·
Registered
10,064 Posts
OK.........fine...........great. But have any of you birdz ever turned "states evidence"?
If someone did they probably couldn't say....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow, this is a pretty interesting statistic and I didn’t know about it. In fact, it seems to me that the percentage of relapses is much higher, because a huge number of my friends tried to quit smoking and only a few could not return. I have never encountered this, but they told me that the body feels a frantic desire to get nicotine. In many cases, my friends were helped by vapes from Buy Vape Liquid UK Online E-Liquid Suppliers | AquaVape UK Made with a low nicotine content. Vaping is a great way to alleviate the pain of quitting smoking. So it seems to me that if you correctly configure your vape smoking regime, then you can quit smoking cigarettes

·
Barney
98 Posts
I started smoking in Navy boot camp. Taking a smoke break was a good way of getting a break from the absolute absurdity of it all. I went in a non smoker and within two weeks I was up to a pack a day. Ten years later I met a cute little red head who told me that she wouldn't date a guy who's kisses tasted like ashtray. I quit the same day. Still have the red head and I haven't missed the cigarettes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts