National Gun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is what you get from the CMP. 1,440 Rounds of .,30-06 M-2 Ball 150 Gr. Ammo. All of it is clean, well packaged, and nice and shiny. I'll report on it's accuracy later, when I get a chance to do some testing. So far, so good. Excellent price on this stuff. Bill T.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Is that 1967 vintage? Boxer or Berdan? What did it run with shipping? Sorry for all the ???s but I'm trying to determine whether I want to load for my Garand or get a can of those.

Thx!

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gunrnr said:
Is that 1967 vintage? Boxer or Berdan? What did it run with shipping? Sorry for all the ???s but I'm trying to determine whether I want to load for my Garand or get a can of those.

Thx!
Yes. The ammo is 1967. It comes in various dates from 1963 to 1980. It is all non corrosive, boxer primed brass that is fully reloadable. I ordered 3 cases, 480 rounds per case, (2 spam cans), 41 pounds per case. Total shipping was $51.00 for all 3 cases, (121 pounds). $381.00 was the full delivered price Fed Ex Priority for all 1,440 rounds. They have had a slight price increase since I bought, but it is still a great buy. Bill T.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
HXP = Greek ammo. Excellent stuff! Great price. I've shot some of it, it's clean and accurate - saving the rest for future needs.

G

·
I have alomst 400 rounds on order along with an M1 Garand. It has been 3 weeks tomorrow, and I am getting antsy!!!!!

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gunman42782 said:
I have alomst 400 rounds on order along with an M1 Garand. It has been 3 weeks tomorrow, and I am getting antsy!!!!!
Be patient. My wife talked to one of the girls from the CMP when we placed our order, and she said they were receiving 10 times the amount of orders they expected! They have imposed a limit of 10 cases per customer, per year because retailers like Cheaper Than Dirt were buying dozens and dozens of cases of the stuff, then reselling it by the 20 round box at a much higher price, ($8.00+ a box and up). The 10 case limit was instituted to keep it from going to retailers in large quantities. Bill T.

G

·
billt said:
gunman42782 said:
Be patient. My wife talked to one of the girls from the CMP when we placed our order, and she said they were receiving 10 times the amount of orders they expected! They have imposed a limit of 10 cases per customer, per year because retailers like Cheaper Than Dirt were buying dozens and dozens of cases of the stuff, then reselling it by the 20 round box at a much higher price, ($8.00+ a box and up). The 10 case limit was instituted to keep it from going to retailers in large quantities. Bill T.
Well, I am more impatient for the gun than the ammo! I got a bit of 30/06 stashed away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts