National Gun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a few months ago I bought a brand new norinco/puma jw15 in .22lr. the same day I bought a bulk box of 500 Winchester subsonic ammunition, me being so excited I went that afternoon with my dad to shoot my brand new rifle. I had my first shot after cleaning all the oil from the rifle and the bore of the rifle and I pulled the bolt back but the case never came out of the gun. I used one of our hunting knifes trying to pull out the case but when I tried the tip of the knife snapped off. it happens every time we shoot the gun its been cleaned and everything but it does it every time. I was wondering if anyone knows what to do, how to fix it or if its the ammunition doing it I've tried Winchester power point and it does the same thing. I bought it brand new and its pissed me off that I've had to go through much trouble just to enjoy for a bit of plinking and small game hunting. if anyone knows how to fix it any help would be good the gun shop didn't help at all so anything would help.

thank noah from australia

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
56,986 Posts
That sounds like an extractor problem (that's the little thingie on the side of the bolt that grabs the cartridge rim and pulls it out of the chamber). It is a spring, or under spring tension. Thoroughly clean the area where the extractor resides.

OR you have a very rough chamber. It should shine, all of it.

Reactions: deputy

·
Registered
16,596 Posts
What popeye said or has the gun ever been dry fired? When you dry fire many .22's the firing pin hits the edge of the chamber and can peen a section leaving a burr that will hold the case in the chamber. It's an easy fix for any gunsmith and can easily be seen if you look for it.

Look at the chamber in this pic at 3 o'clock. Pipe insulation

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
i did not know the jw15 was back..........check the chamber....might need to be polished.....can you return the rifle?

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
View attachment 17823 you can kind of see small scratch but never been dry fired. all this happened before the bullets were shot and the first time shooting it
can't say for the scratch.....but that chamber edge looks rough......
also, you might try cleaning again......that brown stain looks like remnant of the cosmoline...... I have found that stuff before on chinese guns and it was like trying to remove shellac and takes some good solvent and a brush to remove it........so you might still have some of that in the chamber.....bronze brush the chamber repeatedly with solvent and then dry patch it and give it one more try...

Reactions: Popeye

·
Registered
16,596 Posts
^^^ wow, to me it looks like someone hit the chamber edge with a file! Yes and definitely clean all the crap out of there too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.