National Gun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Well, let's compare the two, shall we?

Let's see, nothing in the Hornady Manual about them.
OK, now to the Speer Manual, nope, nothing there.
OH, LOOK! There's nothing in the Lyman Manual about either caliber!

Are these calibers figments of your imagination, or maybe on your favorite video game?

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
56,401 Posts
They exist as long range wildcat cartridges. Unfortunately, or fortunately (depending on your point of view), they interest only a minority of a minority.

Reactions: SniperMadness

·
Aim true !
12,423 Posts
This got me looking at my wildcat manuals. Some interesting loads in there.

·
Live Free
3,752 Posts
The Donaldson launches bullets up to 50+ grains at velocities exceeding 3000fps while the Kritzeck launches a heavier bullet (95 grains) at a much more pedestrian velocity (around 2100-2200...I think). Which is better option? Depends on what you want to do! There are far more readily available cartridges to accomplish pretty much the same ballistics, or better. I have no experience with either cartridge other than what I have read, and no desire to go further after reading...:nonod:

·
AZHerper
5,163 Posts
I wonder if this Donaldson is related to Henry Donaldson who who developed the .219 Donaldson Wasp back in the late 1930's. This was based on the .219 Zipper case which is a 30-30 case necked to 22 caliber. When I was young, .219 Zipper was fairly common on the shelves of sporting goods stores but it's gone now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts