National Gun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope this is the right place to put this.. This is the oldest gun in my collection by far lol. I did some research on it and found alot of info on this gun. According the serial numbers on this gun, its pre-war model so older and worth more from what I have read. It fires like brand new, that winchester for you:thumbsup:.

The tape on the stock is not holding it on or anything like that lol. I think it was put on to prevent blistering while shooting because of the way the stock is..

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
Actually, the right place to put that would be in my safe!!

Nice old gun, a real masterpiece of engineering.

·
Registered
648 Posts
As a collecter of fine Winchesters. I have a great appreciation for that piece.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As a collecter of fine Winchesters. I have a great appreciation for that piece.
I was wondering if you could tell me how much its worth?, if your familar with there value.. I know by the serial numbers its pre war..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I bought mine - brand new - at the hardware store in my home town in Iowa in about 1954, I paid $47.50 for it. Wish I still had it. Someone stole it from my mother's house while I was in college in 1962. About the same year they quit making them and I could never afford to buy another one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You have a very nice little gun but the screws on top of the barrel are not factory and unfortunately hurts the collector value. I would just shoot and enjoy it. In my opinion nobody makes a pump today of such quality and reliability.

Ron

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's a beaut, Jason. Man, those old .22 slide actions are to rimfire fun what convertible tops are to sports cars. Who cares about 'collector value' when you're snick-snak making soup cans dance at your will with good-smelling well machined steel, beautifuly carved wood and a few friends? You can't put a dollar amount on that, no sir. But if you need to have some value laid out to enjoy it more, then cash this in: I am very, very jealous of your prize.

Thanks for the pics! Enjoy!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I didnt mean to sound like I wanted to make money off it or anything. I have no intrest in selling it period but was just curious of its value.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
MODEL 62/62A VISIBLE HAMMER- modern version of 1890, will shoot calibers interchangeably, 23 in. round tapered or octagon barrel. Over 409,000 mfg. between 1932-1958.

Grading
100%......98%....95%..90%....80%...70%...60%....50%...40%
$1,500...$950...$675 $475 ...$375...$300...$250...$200...$185...

30%.....20%...10%
$170...$155...$130

Add 50% for Gallery model (Gallery style loading port).

Add 30% for pre-WWII mfg.Pre-war model is 62, distinguishable by small forearm.

The Model 62-A was introduced 1940 at approx. serial number 99,200 with minor changes. Model 62A single cal. barrel markings do not add premiums.

.22 Short only models without the Winchester roll die receiver marking are more scarce than the so-called "Gallery Rifle" - mint specimens without the roll die marking are approx. $1,000.

Gallery variations of these models will also command sizable premium.

Watch for fake boxes and hanging tags on this model, especially with rifles in over 95%+ original condition.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Very nice piece, Jason. I really love old Winchesters...and S&Ws...and Colts...and Remingtons...and...and...and...

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts